When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow this is going to be an expensive hobby!

BreatheDeep

Hi there.

I came across this board by accident,looking for one specific watch.

After one day browsing the site i have a list of about 10 watches i would like to own!

There should be a disclaimer on the front page Stating that this hobby is liable to hurt your wealth :D

Think i have made a choice on my preferred dealer(with some input from a helpful member,Many thanks) so just need to get on and fill this wish list with the watches.

I have a real bad lust over the tag Sel chrono but cant find a rep anywhere,so am going to order a Link chrono and the Rolexs are looking like number 2 purchase(not sure which yet,way too many nice ones)

Welcome to the club!

Enjoy the wonderful world of rep collecting. Always put your financial health first before spending.

With that being said, it's easy to now find accessible the kinds of watches that you weren't able to obtain in the gen world. And if you think that buying a few reps may put a dent in your wallet, consider some members who have over 30+ reps, all of different types, and all them being regular wearers!

And when you receive your first watch, be sure to post pictures. It'll be like a rite of passage!

Thanks for the replies.

I dread to think what my watch box will look like in a few months,i tend to get carried away when i enjoy a hobby :lol:

I will try to limit myself at the beginning.

As soon as i have my first tag i will post some pics.

Thanks Victoria.

I seem to be getting a lot of these warnings

Can you help me with any questions i should be asking about the tag link black faced chrono to ensure i get the best Rep?

Hi there.

I came across this board by accident,looking for one specific watch.

After one day browsing the site i have a list of about 10 watches i would like to own!

There should be a disclaimer on the front page Stating that this hobby is liable to hurt your wealth :D

Think i have made a choice on my preferred dealer(with some input from a helpful member,Many thanks) so just need to get on and fill this wish list with the watches.

I have a real bad lust over the tag Sel chrono but cant find a rep anywhere,so am going to order a Link chrono and the Rolexs are looking like number 2 purchase(not sure which yet,way too many nice ones)

You have no idea how expensive this can become. Know those guys that do 'from the ground up car restorations'? Kinda like that crazy stuff. :D

You have no idea how expensive this can become. Know those guys that do 'from the ground up car restorations'? Kinda like that crazy stuff. :D

Hey sounds cool i will fit right in!

I am one of those crazy guys that do ground up Restos on Classic Mercedes,just for kicks :lol:

Nice to have you around i don't want to turn this forum in to carforum but as soon as summer comes im pulling my w114 out of storage and will have to bug you about couple of issues )))

Nice car My favourite at the moment is my W123 coupe,lovely resto on that one in petrol blue

But a 114 coupe would go a long way to satisfying me Just timeless classicMercedes250CE-3.jpg

By all means throw any questions you want at me,if i can help i surely will.

Edited by Ukmerctechie