When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Cases

bbell6

You know I'd like to know this too, but from what I've seen I don't think they are other than the crown tubes. I've noticed that other than crown tubes the cases will fit both an auto and manual wind movements. Yeah, I've been playing doctor Frankenstein a lot lately.

You know I'd like to know this too, but from what I've seen I don't think they are other than the crown tubes. I've noticed that other than crown tubes the cases will fit both an auto and manual wind movements. Yeah, I've been playing doctor Frankenstein a lot lately.

If I recall correctly from Asad's post about what to do with a Jimmy Fu case, people were suggesting both auto and manual watches. So this makes sense. I think there may also be a difference with the crown guards.

If I recall correctly from Asad's post about what to do with a Jimmy Fu case, people were suggesting both auto and manual watches. So this makes sense. I think there may also be a difference with the crown guards.

I thought the crown tube was the same. Only difference is that the auto CG is taller to compensate for the date changing position of the stem.

A Jimmy Fu case is correct for B-D series automatics and manuals - just the interior milling to accept the movement and spacer rings differs ( Excluding the crystal/cyclops/bezel variations on 23/27/28/29/63 etc )

The case backs are usually thicker - allowing clearance for the auto winding rotors- this makes auto's look thicker than manuals.

More recent models I can't comment on I'm afraid but I doubt very much if there would be a different case for different models as generally OP make variants with only dial / case back differences.

Probably a manual case and an auto case only for Luminor Marina and maybe the only difference is still the interior milling ?

Cheers

:fish:

But the question still stands - can you fit an auto movement in a Jimmy fu case? From what I am hearing - you might be able to - but it will require a different deeper caseback?

Yes, you can fit an auto movement into one of Jimmy's cases but you cannot use his caseback. You will need an auto type caseback. Which auto are you building?