When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Day-Date & DateJust - Fluted or Smooth Bezel?

DemonSlayer

I recently bought a DJ, I have to say I'm impressed at this watch, though it feels really small after wearing a 111h for so long, I will soon get used to it. Mine has a fluted bezel, but I'm not sure which I actually prefer, a smooth or a fluted bezel. Which do you prefer and why?

I'm very close to ordering a custom DJ from Ruby, and I've decided to go with a smooth bezel.

The fluted one is too busy and distracting to me, and a bit old fashioned.

The smooth bezel gives this model a fresh, clean updated look.

Hey Demon...you know my thoughts on this.

I initially bought a smooth bezel DateJust for my mother and I thought it was pretty nice...so, I looked for one for myself. I was offered a fluted bezel Day Date and decided I'd try it out. And I must say, the fluted (or riveted as I've heard it stated) bezel was much nicer, in my opinion. It got many many compliments.

I like how swissaddict stated it: Smooth - Datejust, Riveted - Day Date.

I think the fluted bezel (particularly the old style) looks good with jubilee bracelet, but otherwise the rounded smooth bezel looks more understated and attractive. I believe the datejust have a flat smooth bezel (as per pics in the earlier replies) which is not as nice looking.

Fluted Bezel on Jubilee

oysterdatejuststraightonhi3fq.jpg

Rounded smooth bezel (WG) - note how smooth bezel matches mid link in pres bracelet.

dd71434oc.jpg

ddygface2sm8au.jpg

I think the fluted bezel (particularly the old style) looks good with jubilee bracelet, but otherwise the rounded smooth bezel looks more understated and attractive. I believe the datejust have a flat smooth bezel (as per pics in the earlier replies) which is not as nice looking.

Fluted Bezel on Jubilee

oysterdatejuststraightonhi3fq.jpg

Rounded smooth bezel (WG) - note how smooth bezel matches mid link in pres bracelet.

dd71434oc.jpg

ddygface2sm8au.jpg

Rounded smooth bezel for ladies. For men, i would go for the fluted. The rounded smooth bezel looks very elegant and classy. While the fluted look gives men the extra 'manliness' ? my 2 cents :)