When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares

timbo

...like many husband's (hi FxrAndy!), he allows his missus to wear his watches. This is his wife Tana wearing the Breitling Aeromarine Chrono Avenger (correction).

Im not so sure that it is a Chrono Avenger. The subdials are in the wrong place for the auto version (wasn't in Yellow either) and the only other one that comes in yellow with similar subdial layout is the Chrono Avenger M1, but the spacing doesn't look right...

tanaramsaybreitemergencmf1.jpg

Gordon3.jpg

z139.jpg

Im not so sure that it is a Chrono Avenger. The subdials are in the wrong place for the auto version (wasn't in Yellow either) and the only other one that comes in yellow with similar subdial layout is the Chrono Avenger M1, but the spacing doesn't look right...

Maybe it's a Guangzhou special.

Victoria- i think you have got it. Asprey NO 8 Chronograph. So.........where can i get a replica?

Hehe. Thanks! :)

Alas, Timbo, I'm almost sure there are none, and there will be none. Aspreys are like Harry Winston or Tiffanys -- elite jewellers.

(In Aspreys case, they've had Royal Warrants from the Royal Family for over a century. Like Garrards)

I agree with Stormtrooper. I'm impressed he made this choice. It shows a thinking-outside-the-box attitude to timepieces, than the self-same Breitlings, or fashionista Jacob & Cos his fellow celebs have.

Also, thanks to FENDUSHI for the screengrabs!!

z139.jpg

Keen eye, b16a2! I see it now.

Notice that on Mrs. Ramsay, she's wearing it with the tell-tale "hump" Breitling leather strap. Also, the Aspreys No. 8 Chrono doesn't QUITE look like the watch in the screenshots, as Fendushi said.

In both cases, they look like replicas!

I like it how we don't assume they are some cheapie designer quartz like Jag or CK watches... but we assume that they are replicas. :lol:

Because he actually seems like he has a brain, and isn't some light-weight like Jamie Oliver! :p

Someone said it might be the Breitling Chronomat Longitude (1999 model here). Obviously not.

image-0575.jpg

Someone else suggested it might the Avenger M1, but vintage. Is that possible? In other photos, he was very clearly wearing a Navitimer & BCE, so he is a fan of the marque.

BTW, the other watch is most certainly the Aspreys No. 8 Chrono. The band is even the same here.

tanaandgordonld3.jpg