When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long does SIlix take to respond?

speedie

If you want a reply within hours go with Andrew or Josh. 24 - 48 hrs is the norm for Silix and he doesn't tend to work weekends !

The price Silix puts on his website is the cheapest, but it doesn't include shipping. Once that's factored in, he's only about $20 cheaper than Andrew, I believe.

Trusty doesn't have free shipping either...or included for that matter. I think he charges $35 for shipping while Silix is $28.

Jay is the cheapest...that's why you buy from him...and that he says he will waterproof watches for free (sometimes) as opposed to charging extra and still not getting anything done as per Josh and Andrew. So, at least if I'm not going to get anything done...I might as well have nothing done for Free. HAH HAH.

24hrs is usual for response except on Fridays where it might take until Monday.

Some people get ticked off at a particular collector for whatever reason...rightly or wrongly...Jay is reliable...just rarely punctual...so, good to have around...in case you want to try somebody new, or have burned your bridges with other collectors for whatever reason.

If you want super fast service...go elsewhere.

You should hear from Jay or Angela within a day or two. He is "old school" he has a regular job as well as being a trusted collector. Don't worry, be patient, he will take care of you in due time. If you are looking for lighting fast response and the quickest service, Joshua (Perfect Clones) or Andrew (Trustytime) have no equals in that regard.

From three years with Silix I can say that your mileage may vary.

Could be a few hours, a few days, or a few weeks.

But Jay will get back to you, maybe not after your first inquiry.

Carl

The price Silix puts on his website is the cheapest, but it doesn't include shipping. Once that's factored in, he's only about $20 cheaper than Andrew, I believe.

Compared to Watchmark, Silix is not the cheapest.

Watchmark charges $25 for EMS shipping, emails are answered in a

very timely manner.

I have dealt with Jay extensively over the past year or so after being badly burnt by one of the higher profile "lightning fast" responding dealers mentioned in this thread.

It is absolutely true that it sometimes takes Silix a day or several to respond, but the difference is that he truly does stand behind what he sells you. In reps there are going to be problems--it's the nature of the beast. Silix absolutely works with you to rectify the problem in a very fair manner, while at least one of the other guys responds super fast (and has a fantastic website with great pictures), but blames every problem on the buyer, and does his best to not fix any problems he says he will while having you repeatedly ship the damn watch back to China over and over again.

Be patient and use Silix, you'll be happy in the end. Be in a hurry and use one of the other guys. . . . You'll be happy if you're lucky enough to get a perfect watch. Otherwise, there is a very real chance you will end up highly dissatisfied with the experience. That's my experience.