When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen omega parts

danza1812

i'm after a gen dial and hands for my upo. has anyone bought these from cousins or am i stuck with ofrei?

I'm also thinking of get gen bezel, dial, hands and crystal from ofrei but i'm not sure all that fits OK on UPO.

Perhaps only bezel (for the pearl..) and dial (logo..), can anybody explain if it is possible.....

Also any sucessfull UPO mod. info or experiences would be much appreciated...!!!

-_-

I'm also thinking of get gen bezel, dial, hands and crystal from ofrei but i'm not sure all that fits OK on UPO.

Perhaps only bezel (for the pearl..) and dial (logo..), can anybody explain if it is possible.....

Also any sucessfull UPO mod. info or experiences would be much appreciated...!!!

-_-

The following gen mods will work on the UPO. Not sure about the UPO Lite.

Crystal

Dial

Crown and tube (at a minimum this is a must)

Hands (all of them)

Insert (with Ofrei the bezel/insert is a package deal, you CANNOT use the bezel)

Rastaman, that is sweet. No way to tell that baby from a gen!

Thanks drew. With your sweet Breitlings I'm humbled that you're impressed.

I recently added a gen bracelet too. Until my fiddy is built later this year, this is my most expensive rep. 1.5k usd. The fiddy movement alone was 2k so that project will probably hit 2.6k

Man, you got it bad my friend! But, you do have a watch that without being opened, will fool anyone. I'm sure it'll give you a lifetime of pleasure for about a third of the cost of the real one. Also you can take pride in knowing that you put it together... with a little help from Zig!

• 4 weeks later...
Rasta,

does your pearl center?

Yes it centers perfectly. My shodding picture taking skills makes it seem off center. I met a NFL football player at a Super Bowl party with the same watch, his was gen of course and I could not tell a single difference other than his caseback being nicer.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why you'd drop $1.5k on a rep when you can get a real UPO for $1600-1800.

It is you. First of all, there is NO such thing as a UPO. The dealers made it up. Omega does not sell a "Ultimate" Planet Ocean. Second you can't find a decent PO for less than $3,500, maybe $3,000 if you're lucky. If you get one for $1,600 - $1,800, chances are you and I will have the same serial number. Finally, I took the money I would of spent on a real "UPO" and modded my rep and bought a genuine Omega Seamaster Electric Blue. So in my mind and understand I didn't go to college, I got 2 watches for the price of 1 with one being genuine and the other so close you'd need to examine it closer than I would let you.

I bought the watch for $150 from a member because it didn't run. I'm not sure who the dealer was. When The Zigmeister opened it he found what looked like pubic hairs wrapped up in the gears.

lol I think I remember seeing a post about that? :yuk: Interesting project though, contemplating carrying out something similar myself!

By UPO I meant the 45mm model...sorry if that lead to confusion. I see gens on Timezone all the time for $1600-1900.

Oh you meant a used gen 45mm. Yeah you could do that, I really didn't learn of timezone until after I started this project. I wouldn't mind a PO Chrono and might look at the used market on timezone.

Used PO from timezone...$1800. Lord Rasta's rep...$1500. Modding a rep to 1:1 and beating the system...priceless.

LR Did you aleady buy that E-series movement for 2 grand? If you can resell it for what you paid, there is a better way....

I'm doing the same thing myself although I have all the gen parts sorted. Now just have to buy the base model.

Is it better to go to Josh or Andrew and spend $270 or will going to silix and spending $190 give me the same result?

I'll pay the extra if it is a better product but bear in mind I'll have gen dial, hands, bezel (well insert), I'll get the crystal done by k222 etc. I'm only really wanting to use the case itself and the movement really.

Go to Josh or go to Silix? I've heard silix has a better dial so I could sell that I guess...