When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW Newly Acquired

Guest pamfried

Guest pamfried

2 MBW Safari and the regular Black Themes straight from the source. :)

img3036lu5.jpg

img3037mj5.jpg

img3038jp5.jpg

img3040oc8.jpg

img3041hx1.jpg

Genuine HornBack

img3045rq9.jpg

img3047ri3.jpg

img3052iq4.jpg

img3048tc9.jpg

Got the extras for a great old friend from the forums. And i know he's gonna kill me for refusing to send the picts to him 1st! :lol:

Guest pamfried
damn those safari's look amazing!! cant stop staring. :Jumpy: if they make the "navy" that will be

a must have for me. thanks for sharing the pics.

From what i heard the Blues are not in the list to rep yet..... :(

Yea i dig that model too... simple yet so beautiful.

Guest pamfried
Wow, those are absolutely stunning. Wear them well. I had been avoiding the current MBW's hoping to wait it out for the seconds at 12 but the Safari looks incredible. Congrats on a great purchase. You may get a PM asking how you source that one. My willpower is waning. :)

Thanks for the compliments.

Its easy... do u have a Modded 187? Or even a honpo 187??? To trade?? B)

Just Awesome !!!! Do the dials say swiss made at 6??? Angus seems to have these very same MBW's but without the swiss made at 6

Looks like the seconh hand is at 12.

What movement is in the APs?

Wow, those are absolutely stunning. Wear them well. I had been avoiding the current MBW's hoping to wait it out for the seconds at 12 but the Safari looks incredible. Congrats on a great purchase. You may get a PM asking how you source that one. My willpower is waning. :)

Just Awesome !!!! Do the dials say swiss made at 6??? Angus seems to have these very same MBW's but without the swiss made at 6

I really like those Hornback straps. Did they originally come with it?

Unfortunately no swiss made at 6 but they are absolutely beautiful.

Wear them well!

Guest pamfried
I really like those Hornback straps. Did they originally come with it?

Unfortunately no swiss made at 6 but they are absolutely beautiful.

Wear them well!

HornBack strap comes together with the watch. Just like the GEN, an HornBack croc.

MBW has confirmed there will be no more swiss made at 6.

Guest pamfried
Wow, the Safari looks great. Thanks for the pics... I am more sorely tempted now than ever.

Thanks.

Yes they're really fantastic reps.

And going with that HornBack strap like the GEN, its just perfect.

GEN OEM AP Hornback easily costs 600USD up if i'm not wrong. And other aftermarket Hornback are extremely expensive too.

Kudos to MBW to rep this model and providing the HornBack, thats real icing on the cake! You seldom see manufacturers going all out to do that.

Edited by pamfried

Oh brother is his face going to be red when they release the proper seconds-at-12 versions a few months from now!

Joking aside, I really like these AP chronos but I think they are a little too big and bold for my taste. It seems, however, like you really enjoy them - and that's really all that counts!! Nice trio!

Gorgeous watches. But, even though I'm not usually anal, the running seconds at the 9:00 really bothers me since the subdial at 12 is the sixty second dial! I finally found something I am anal about. Hope they figure out a reliable movement with seconds at 12:00. Of course, if that happens we'll also have a reliable movement with seconds at 6:00!

Nice :wub: … I love those safaris, but I prefer a bracelet for the Royal Oak.

I think that the new movement modification (secs to 12) would be as bad as the one on the daytona (secs to 6) :( I hope to be wrong.

Congratulations on your new watches

Edited by emuozz

@pamfried

...good choice, congrats. If they only did the dial better....this version is simply white with black numbers...the GEN Safari dial is off-white with dark brown numbers.

But this is as close as it gets...and the hornbacks are just fantastic....have to ask my dealer for one of those as an upgrade :D

Thanks for showing,

Theo

wow...these are really nice...I love the hornback strap...it is nice that they did this one as well...another little step to look more like the gen...

I wonder how much it will cost an AP ROO with running sec at 12 once they release it...around +/- 1000$?

Guest pamfried
wow...these are really nice...I love the hornback strap...it is nice that they did this one as well...another little step to look more like the gen...

I wonder how much it will cost an AP ROO with running sec at 12 once they release it...around +/- 1000$?

Yea i cant imagine what the secs at 12 would be priced at but not in the near future. Too unreliable and lots of problems to solve.

And MBW is not the type to release something that is not ready for the masses when his stuff is not problem free.