When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Houston, TX GTG 19 Apr 08

Bill Vest

Well here it is! Finally, after much foot dragging and wailing and gnashing of teeth, it would be my pleasure to host a GTG in Houston, TX. Further, I would like to make this a multi-board GTG, inviting our brothers and sisters from RG and RWI

Tentatively it is scheduled for Saturday, 19 April 2008, at The Goose's Acre Bistro and Irish Pub located in The Woodlands, TX ( thegoosesacre.com ) at 12:00 pm until. I truly believe that this will be a great time for all; good food, good drink, good atmosphere and good fellowship.

This GTG is not limited to just Houston. Everyone is invited to attend no matter where you reside, we would love to have you! There are many places for us to see, do, go and stay, so I hope we can take advantage of it all! Bring your watches, bring your cameras and bring your wallets...we buy, sell and trade as well!!!

Please RSVP in this thread or PM me.

Counting down the days! Hope to see you there!!!

Bill,

One of our long term, but not recent members, DLGates, is somewhere in your neck of the woods.

(Close to Galveston Bay??) If you could encourage Dave along, you would find a wealth of knowledge, and a down right AAA person.

I will shoot him a PM and point him at this thread, hope his health, and a contact would get him there.

He also enjoys a scotch or two!

Offshore

Just a quick note that I will be at work in the Gulf Of Mexico until the weekend. I may or may not have communications privileges. I will check in on this thread and make contact with those who have responded so far when I get feet dry.

Thanks to all that have replied! Please, let's get some more participation going!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all... thought I would update things a bit.

First, sorry about being incommunicado - I was offshore at work for a few days and then had to put in some ass and face time at the office. Geez...I hate it that others think I am soooooo damn important! This coming week will be no better but hey, I'm thankful for the ability to drag in a paycheck!

Anyway, as it stands right now I know of at least 5 or 6 that have RSVP'd via RG, RWI, and here (thanks Mach!). Thanks so much for wanting to be a part of this! I know there are many more in and around the Houston area, as well as within a few hours drive time. Heck, I know of one member coming all the way in from Louisiana...that's a 4 hour drive! I KNOW there are more of you out there!!! This is not just exclusive to Houston, TX...Dallas/Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin, Corpus Christi - hell, BFE if you want to fly in! We'll pick you up!!! If you can read this, you are welcome to come! Wives, husbands, girl/boyfriends, S/O's are welcome too!

Two weeks from today we will be at The Goose's Acre in The Woodlands, TX - a really upscale establishment located just north of Houston, from noon until! I have spoken to one of the managers and she has said that she would love to have us! There are several different options that we can do regarding lunch and so forth, so I have both the buffet and the a la carte menu.

Please, spread the word...wake the kids, phone the neighbors!! Come one come all!!! We would love to have you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well.....it is almost here! Saturday is almost upon us folks!

The GTG for Houston will be this Saturday, 19 APR 08, at The Goose's Acre in The Woodlands, TX (North of Houston) from 12 noon until. Several have already committed...HOW ABOUT YOU????? :D

For those who have already committed - THANK YOU! If you haven't already, please, let us know you're coming!!! I was kinda hoping that this would have went into cruise control, but the best laid plans of mice and men..... In any event, we are going to have a great time!

I will PM folks this evening that have already RSVP'd. If you are coming and haven't said anything, PM myself or respond in this thread. In the meantime, I will reserve a table for 20 (this also includes signifigant others). If I need a bigger table, tell me! In any event, just come on down and have fun no matter where you are! We'll make room and we'd love to have you!

So, bring your watches and your checkbooks! See you Saturday!

IT IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!

In almost 12 hours, the Houston GTG will be upon us!!! Tomorrow noon, 19 April 2008, at The Goose's Acre in The Woodlands, TX (just north of Houston), the Houston GTG will be in full swing!

Come one, come all - bring your watches, bring your cameras, bring yourself and a loved one! We will be upstairs...ask for the reservation in the name of Bill Vest!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE Y'ALL THERE!!!

The Houston GTG was great! I think everyone had a great time. We discussed having another GTG in a couple of months. Hopefully everyone will be able to attend again. It was great to meet everyone!

Bob, thanks for bringing your collection! WOW! It is really great to see a collection like that!

BillVest took plenty of pictures and they should be posted soon. Bill got called to go offshore, but I think brtelec is going to post the pictures for him.

Hope to see everyone again soon!