When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sweden Vs England Tonight...

fitmic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

" - Don't mention the war!"

Ahhh! Faulty Towers! I have committed an egregious error. A serious faux paus during the World Cup. Don't want the French to withdraw yet. This morning's headlines in my local paper, here in the states. read as follows. "German Blitzreig: 3-0".

I remember the Sun headlines from the last England/Germany match: "Don't mention the score"

Yes, it was 5-1 to England. :D

A great pun albeit from that POS paper.

I still preferred the more accurate 'Liverpool 5 Germany 1' line myself :whistling:

Thank god Piers Morgan is out of a job these days, he who was responsible for that somewhat offensive photo of Gazza and Pearce with helmets against the headline "Achtung! For you Fritz ze Euro 96 is over"

*edit - wrote 5-0 by mistake :lol:

Edited by docblackrock

:lol::lol::lol:

@Chronus: true, but the manager always picks those players that don't deliver. Or players he's never seen play :whistling:

:lol:

And obviously has no faith in Walcott... why bother bringing him?

He'll now be forced into 4-5-1 but will play midget striker Rooney as a lone striker. He doesn't think dropping Lampard or Gerrard will help. At least Hargreaves proved himself last night, so he'll be the holding midfielder.

Apart from the players Eriksson picks, who else is there? Not *too* much else. The problem here is the players' mentality. They believe their own hype and are too used to being pampered and getting their own way. Other countries arent going as far as England!

I'd prefer Carragher first choice centre-back myself though. :victory:

Agree re. Carra that's his preferred position, but it ain't gonna happen, this is Sven remember?

The silver lining of the Sweden goal last night is that it showed up what a completely useless overrated [censored] Ferdinand is. Roy Keane had it right when he questioned his worth and committment. Problem is Ferdinand thinks he's the best defender in England, when actually he's not even the best defender in his own family :D

Biased? Moi? Judge for yourself HERE...

To be fair to Ferdinand :o , he was already subbed off when the goals were conceded. John Terry looked a mess though.

Contrary to common belief (man ure fans and the player himself), Ferdinand is not the world's best centre back. You could argue (easily?) that Heinze and Vidic are far superior.