When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sweden Vs England Tonight...

fitmic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But where is the captain (Wayne) of Team Rooney ?

Why hasn't he dribbled past 10 players and scored a hat-trick already ? :angry:

Edited by Chronus

England are actually playing like a World Cup team ... finally!

Damn, not as boring as I expected. :D

i agree...long time passed since i've seen england playing so well (or the sweds aren't playing well :lol: )...

seen nice 45min game...hope the 2nd half gives us even more satisfactions...nice football!....well i hope to see some goals from the sweds...

I hope Ljungberg scores an equaliser.

1-1 would be perfect and stop the Press here going overboard, and stop the players from getting big heads (yeah that's you Rio).

It will also allow them to look at how they played better than before and work harder on it.

Hargreaves has fitted in well so far, hopefully he is man-of-the-match today and proves his critics wrong (you know, those guys who never watch him at Bayern).

Edited by Chronus

seen nice 45min game...hope the 2nd half gives us even more satisfactions...nice football!....well i hope to see some goals from the sweds...

Shame the second half wasn't as good ... for us Englishmen :D

I think we fell apart and only recovered towards the end.

Nice finish although I don't think that Sweden was playing to the level they could be. But what do know, I'm just an American who watched it on a Spanish station with bad reception. If what I saw was correct, it apparently snowed the entire game.... including commercials :blink:

That was a bit disappointing ..........at least top of the group so thats something for now

Business as usual then for England :lol:

Thank god for Stevie G though, as allowing that last goal in with 1 minute to go was just shocking :(

Before the match I was hoping to get Germany next, at least then they'd have no excuse for not raising their game, and beating the Germans would give them such a boost to go on from there. Now we have Ecuador, and as favourites we have everything to lose against potentially dangerous South American underdogs.

Plus I don't get to taunt and gloat over Palp and the rest of those guys on here :D

Plus I don't get to taunt and gloat over Palp and the rest of those guys on here :D

It's ok, we get to beat Germany in the final now. :D

Now, does anyone remember the score from last time England played Germany? I forget ... :Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

Sweden should be scared, though.

Erm, i wish our new manager wasn't Sven mk2.

Unfortunately, he is.

Yeah, but he ain't Swedish, he's errr, ummm... is there a country called Dumbass?

Anyway - well done Henrik for probably one of the worst executed, but still the best goal of the World Cup so far.

:lol:

Erm, i wish our new manager wasn't Sven mk2.

Unfortunately, he is.

He isn't even that! lol!

McClaren might as well crucify himself and staple The Sun sports pages to his forehead to save some time.

The average England manager trajectory goes:

1. Euphoria

2. Posing with Sun Page 3 girls

3. Using up goodwill with bore draw in friendlies against Belarus or whatever

4. Everyone except the FA realising he's crap

5. FA trying to hire someone else

6. Revealed as a love cheat

7. Tournament disaster

8. Picture on back page of Sun as a turnip.

9. Sacked.

10. Appointment as Leeds manager.

Meanwhile McClaren is already:

1. FA trying to hire someone else

2. Revealed as a love cheat

3. General indifference to his appointment

4. No goodwill to use up in Belarus friendly

5. Sun already looking for stock photos of turnips...

Leeds might as well start warming the manager's seat and clean out the fish tank for his imminent arrival (with a 6 million pound payoff).

;)

The common denominator is that the players don't deliver, regardless of the manager.

Do they believe their own (over) hype? I think so.

I reckon England can beat Sweden next time, as we'll have a manager that won't be embarrassed when England scores. Seriously, watching Erickson's reactions to our goals was quite telling: He never really wanted a win.

Nah, I highly doubt Eriksson being manager had anything to do with England not winning over the Swedish. The problem lies with the players, IMO, they wouldn't have beat Sweden even if the manager was an Englishman.