When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

hello friends need a lil 1st timer business advice ,

2005SUBMARINER

ok here it is .. i would like to sell unfinished guitar parts on ebay & on my website that im working on .

now these parts will be unfinished bare wood no labels no referance to any well know guitar manufactuers .

for instance .

this neck was designed by kramer in the 80's

now would it be legal to sell this on the net , just posting it as a replacement guitar neck ?

DSC07179.jpg

i dont wana step on nobodys feet ;) i new to selling on the net & would like to do eveything 100% legit .

or should i just design my own neck & sell that ?

i guess is like this selling those no brand submariners on ebay .

selling no brand rolex on ebay is it legal ?

thanx in advance ed.

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

Sorry I know nothing of the legal side of ebay.

But had to make a comment about the guitar solo..... wow... how kewl is that.

Some of out members have talent, unfortunatly I'm not one of them.

Good luck with your venture man

I'm off to find my old Van Halen albums, now where did I put my spandex jumpsuit!!

:lol: hey whats up buddy lol .. just practice man ..

take care & be well ed

Where and how did you learn? I can't play for sh!t but I'd like to learn :)

self tought .. :rolleyes: just lots of practice practice practice .. i was better when i was younger , now im 40 & a lil rusty :unsure: been a hubby & dad :rolleyes: dont get to practice much .

thanx dude !

i saw your eruption video... nice... and i dont really know van halen's music :o

And I'd like to be self-taught too.... just don't know how to do it.

And if that's rusty... I'd like to be rusty :)

And i notice a watch on the wrist in those videos ;)

do i have to call again for an RWG BAND!?!?!?!?!

Are these replica guitar parts?

First, of all, if they are kramer parts, you can call them kramer - obviously

you can also call them similiar to kramer or Kramer styled

the only thing you can't do is LIE so, you can't call it kramer if it isn't.

if the manufacturer is selling necks that were designed by kramer then you can say that. but if your just saying that because it looks like the ones designed by kramer then there you go.

The good news is kramer went out of business a long ass time ago

someone probably owns the rights to a few of the models that are being sold, i'm sure mostly POS's

so not likley anyone will be hounding you down

hey phobanddddddddd man its been a very very long time i havent see you on here man ! i hope you are your family are doing great & thanx a million for that info man !!!!

your a life saver .. i owe you dinner !!

ill be in florida last week of september f ;) ..hey pho thanx again man !!

its good to have a lawyer in the forum ;) .. lets rock man ...

hey pho there not replica guitars , there unfinished bass wood bodies & maple maple neck 5150 style have a look , i will paint them & customize them my self , no logos , wont mention nothing pertaining to kramer .. just guitar kits have a look .

DSC07180.jpg

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

The good news is kramer went out of business a long ass time ago

someone probably owns the rights to a few of the models that are being sold, i'm sure mostly POS's

so not likley anyone will be hounding you down

Actually, Gibson owns Kramer now, and manufactures Kramer guitars (I'm not current on whether they're any good or not, since Gibson does make a lot of stuff in China now) Gibson did sue Ibanez over the shape of the headstock on their LP copies back in '77 or '78, but by the time the suit was filed they had already stopped making them and were ripping off Guild headstocks instead.

lawuit%20headstock.jpgnon%20lawsuit%20headstock.jpg

Guild never sued Ibanez, so as far as I know there has never been a ruling as to whether you could legally claim ownership rights to a shape. As far as the Kramer banana goes: It resembles a hockey stick more than anything else so I wouldn't worry about it. The big issue back in the '70s wasn't that Ibanez was ripping off Gibson, but rather that they were doing it and were outselling them so it was hurting Gibson's bottom line. Good luck and hope that helps.

thanx man ;) .. & yes the rep watches never leave my wrist man :D ..

just keep practicing belive it or not i learned how to play guitar listening to kiss when i was a kid .

also guitar tablature can help out alot .. ;) rock on man ..

you must listen to phoband he's an awsome musician !

Yeah I got a beginner guitar.. the iAxe. You can connect it up to a computer and use that as the amp and get all different sounds out of it. A cheap way to get started :p I think brand new it's around $150-200, but I got it used.

I tried the James Bond theme tune so far :p It's disheartening when little progress is made though :(

DSC07180.jpg

:good::good::good::good:

Personally, I'd buy one of those 'as is', and use it as wall art :) Always wanted to play the guitar, but never got round to learning....

Best of luck with the business :) I can't see them being a problem if sold as unbranded replacements :)

dude thats awsome just practice simple riffs & scales , chords & youll be up there man ready for you tube or something ;) .

rock on dude .

Thanks! :D

Yeah I got a beginner guitar.. the iAxe. You can connect it up to a computer and use that as the amp and get all different sounds out of it. A cheap way to get started :p I think brand new it's around $150-200, but I got it used.

I tried the James Bond theme tune so far :p It's disheartening when little progress is made though :(

what i did to learn to play was get a 50's / 60's rock music book - Very simple 3 chord songs, and ya know them all no matter what age - thats how i learned chords

Then, you start moving up - the key is to play along to music, or learn along to something you enjoy - that creates its own motivation.

computers help alot, you can take a short mp3 clip and play it on a loop so you can learn a hard part of a song, over and over and over again - thats how all musicians do it- its just now alot easier - don't have to keep hitting rewind :)