When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received SSD insert from WM (FUBAR or acceptable?)

Rolexman

You could try gently bending it back, but first of all I would send those pictures to the dealer and notify him of the problem. Then if you cannot bend the insert back, at least then he can't argue that it was your mishandling that caused the problem. For something as fragile as that, the dealer really should be aware that ample packaging is required!

You could try gently bending it back, but first of all I would send those pictures to the dealer and notify him of the problem. Then if you cannot bend the insert back, at least then he can't argue that it was your mishandling that caused the problem. For something as fragile as that, the dealer really should be aware that ample packaging is required!

Thanks, I just e-mailed the pics to WM. See what they say.

I used the WM/Florida pearl on the SSD rep insert. You need to enlarge the hole and then put it on!

At least, you can save the pearl...

Good tip. How did you go about? What's the best way to remove the original pearl (without damaging the insert) and how did you enlarge the hole?

Good tip. How did you go about? What's the best way to remove the original pearl (without damaging the insert) and how did you enlarge the hole?

Just push it from the inside with a toothpic. It will came out easily. Then enlarge the hole with a small file.

a1d2_1.JPG

Like the smallest (the last right) in the picture. It has a conical shape on the top. How can I say...mmm it's pointy!

By the way, my Florida Insert was bended too. Not like yours, of course. Mine was in a little box...so I don't think its the shipping! :o

Just push it from the inside with a toothpic. It will came out easily. Then enlarge the hole with a small file.

So you've removed the entire bezel assembly? I was thinking of removing the pearl (e.g. with a razor) and then the insert by lifting it with a small screwdriver which I put in the whole left by the pearl.

So you've removed the entire bezel assembly? I was thinking of removing the pearl (e.g. with a razor) and then the insert by lifting it with a small screwdriver which I put in the whole left by the pearl.

Well, you can do it, but I think its a shortcut.

Removing the bezel its easy. A knife, patience and practice would do the job ;)