When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard GT XL Chrono LE

lanikai

Does anybody "have an Opinion" about this watch reliability in the long run?

Too soon to say, it has only been out a short while, but seeing how it is the same, newer, high beat 7750, but with an added regulator, I think we should be OK. It does not have any extra gears or functions added to it, just your standard 6, 9, 12 7750 ^_^

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

Just received mine today, and I have to admit it's

one of the best replicas i've seen to date, both finish and quality

are exceptional. Checked the timing, running at +3/4 sec per day

all chronos reset perfectly. These watches are getting better & better!!!!!!!

Very impressed with this one

Regards

Richard Lawton

The rubberstrap is vanilla-scented and much more dust-repelling than on the Grand Turismo XL I have.

I have also just ordered a couple of nice leatherstraps to change the rubber with (panatime + BOB's)

.. I will post pics in a week or two .. total strap-order amount stopped at $700 .. damn! haha

- tazz

Just got mine (Black dial) today. The holes on the strap is much smaller than the pin, How did you get it in?

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I got it. Supposed to unscrewed the pin.

This thing is Beautiful and Huge. This is the best i have since in quality so far.

Here are my wrist shots. The biggest of all rep that i had.

Choppard6.jpg

Choppard5.jpg

Just got mine today. The holes on the strap is much smaller than the pin, How did you get it in?

Any help is appreciated.

I also received mine today. The pin is actually a screw. unscrew it with a small eyeglass screwdriver, stick pin through the strap hole and screw in the screw. Be careful that screw is tiny and you'll end up dropping it several times (I did) before you get it right.

DVN...how big is your wrist?

Do you have any pics of the back? Closed/open?

Am going to order one and hopefully find a nice brown leather strap for it! Looks good :)

My skinny wrist is about 6.5". I had to punched two additional holes. Does look too big for my Wrist?

Just got mine (Black dial) today. The holes on the strap is much smaller than the pin, How did you get it in?

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I got it. Supposed to unscrewed the pin.

This thing is Beautiful and Huge. This is the best i have since in quality so far.

Here are my wrist shots. The biggest of all rep that i had.

Nice pics dvn! First black dial version I have seen on the forums ^_^

How is the case back engraving? Does it have the L.U.C on the back, next to the crown? Which one does yours look like?

Have a look at these pictures:

Rep:

mlimage546616dw0.jpg

Rep:

1205922866606218312br5.jpg

Gen:

mlimage546636wt0.jpg

Cheers! B)

Finally got mine today, and it is a sweet watch, one of the best reps I have ever purchased ^_^

However it is unfortunately to big for me, so I have put it in the sales section :(

Really sorry to hear that MP.. 1 day delivery.. sweet deal if you ask me..

well .. it's on to the next one for U it seems ;)

Really sorry to hear that MP.. 1 day delivery.. sweet deal if you ask me..

well .. it's on to the next one for U it seems ;)

Yeah it sold within a couple of hours ^_^

The new owner will be wearing it sitting down to his lunch tomorrow, can't deliver any quicker than that! B)

What new watch are out? I have a strong desire to buy a new one! I there such a thing as sellers remorse? Because I think I have it.....

I did a quick review here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=70342

Yeah it sold within a couple of hours ^_^

The new owner will be wearing it sitting down to his lunch tomorrow, can't deliver any quicker than that! B)

What new watch are out? I have a strong desire to buy a new one! I there such a thing as sellers remorse? Because I think I have it.....

I did a quick review here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=70342

You know what MP.. IMHO it looks ok on your wrist.. I really don't think any of the "Big Watches" were meant to be equal in size to one's wrist.. sheesh the genuine companies would never sell them all...

I think this fact is overlooked.. seems like people equate watch size to wrist size... i think the "oversized" is meant to be just that.. and not to alway's fit into the diameter of one's wrist... or maybe it's a macho Freudian thingi... :lol:

This is going to be a banner year for reps being made from genuine samples so don't worry I'm sure there will be more than enough to choose from.. count on it !!!!

You know what MP.. IMHO it looks ok on your wrist.. I really don't think any of the "Big Watches" were meant to be equal in size to one's wrist.. sheesh the genuine companies would never sell them all...

I think this fact is overlooked.. seems like people equate watch size to wrist size... i think the "oversized" is meant to be just that.. and not to alway's fit into the diameter of one's wrist... or maybe it's a macho Freudian thingi... :lol:

This is going to be a banner year for reps being made from genuine samples so don't worry I'm sure there will be more than enough to choose from.. count on it !!!!

I thougt that if the lugs were wider than your wrist it was a no go? I suppose it is a personal preference...

Your right, I am sure i will find something new soon B)

I thougt that if the lugs were wider than your wrist it was a no go? I suppose it is a personal preference...

Your right, I am sure i will find something new soon B)

Wonder who set that norm about the lug vs. wrist size.. if that's the case a large portion of the population should have the fashion police alerted... :rolleyes: didn't the big watches start out with pocket watch movements and not just to fit those with Neandertahal limbs??? nothing against people with pituatary gland problems :lol:

I don't think you should have Mickey. It looks pretty killer.....

In reference to watch size: I think most of us would agree that watch size is all about preference and the 49mm+ watches arent just for huge people. I do agree that lugs shouldnt overhang the wrist, though. There lies the line between oversized and ridiculous to me....but I am just one man...