When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chopard GT XL Chrono LE

lanikai

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lanikai you don't dissapoint wit the thread n pics but not enuff

where teh wrist shots bro?? I wanna see it situated on the wrist!

truth be told i have an incoming PAM :X it was between the PAM and this one and gah

next time.. next time... GAH!!! but wrist shots please... not up close but i wanna see how it looks on one's wrist from a view

Great review, as always. NowI don't know which one to get. I like the black dial better, design wise, but I know the lack of pearlage on 5% of the visible area of the movement is going to bug the s*** out of my subliminable brain. I just may have to get the silver, if only because of the "factory collectors" using the serial numbers to protect their "trademarks" :lol:

Great review, as always. NowI don't know which one to get. I like the black dial better, design wise, but I know the lack of pearlage on 5% of the visible area of the movement is going to bug the s*** out of my subliminable brain. I just may have to get the silver, if only because of the "factory collectors" using the serial numbers to protect their "trademarks" :lol:

thanks Archi.... as we all know there are about 4-5.... factory collectors.. and in the case of their assigned numbers down the road this may benefit "us" and protect bad sales from scammers.... B)

Whoa, that is a very sharp watch and kudos for the great review. The grey color is nice, but to me the design of the original is pretty jumbled and messy--I guess I still prefer the non-chrono GTXL. Too bad it doesnt come in grey.

thanks Archi.... as we all know there are about 4-5.... factory collectors.. and in the case of their assigned numbers down the road this may benefit "us" and protect bad sales from scammers.... B)

Man, trying to protect copyrights on a knockoff, I love it. What's a "factory collector" supposed to be anyway?

How's the quality of the rubber strap?

Quality is "OK" .. although I really didn't comment on the strap.. it is a rubber strap and only so much can be done with it.. it "looks" like the genuine.. but i plan (like almost everyone I assume) to replace it with a alligator or leather one.. it would have to be made though..

I actually really like the look of the tire tread strap, I'm hoping it is up to the level of quality of a HBB or Graham Chronofighter rubber. Do you feel its at or below that level?

Actually it is quite good.. it even is scented ..Vanilla like the Paul Picot strap.. it is more firm than the previous Chopard.. IMO the best divers straps are the CD's and the posche Flat 6 .. the Graham and the Chopard are very good though.. better than what we were used to 2 years ago.. if it's the rubber strap you like then you will not be dissapointed.. :D

Hey Lan, another awesome write-up mate. I've just skimmed over it, but cant wait to get home to read it in full, and also be able to view the pics (blocked at work). One thin I can tell you is that we have a very similar taste in watches. This Chopard, your Porsche and your Graham are all the top watches on my list as well!

Enjoy the Chopard, and thanks for the effort,

Andrew

I'm only speaking for myself, but I needed the crystal execution to be better to have jumped on this one right away.

If it were possible to do the crystal AR through Chief or K222 after purchase, it would be a killer watch.

I ran into this problem as well. This thread describes a possible AR strategy: Chopard crystal discussion

I'm only speaking for myself, but I needed the crystal execution to be better to have jumped on this one right away.

If it were possible to do the crystal AR through Chief or K222 after purchase, it would be a killer watch.

IMO .. it "is" a Killer Watch.. and I must add though late,.. that the genuine crystal is only single AR due to the inlayed cyclops .. and although a double

AR would only add to the esthetics of this piece .. it would take it out of the replication of "genuine" realm .. and into the Franken sphere :lol:

Hey Lan, another awesome write-up mate. I've just skimmed over it, but cant wait to get home to read it in full, and also be able to view the pics (blocked at work). One thin I can tell you is that we have a very similar taste in watches. This Chopard, your Porsche and your Graham are all the top watches on my list as well!

Enjoy the Chopard, and thanks for the effort,

Andrew

All I can say is thank you.. and btw you have exquisite taste in Timepieces Drew.... :D

Damn, Lani......I'm gonna be begging pretty soon! Another one on my to buy list....Breitling Heritage, Rollie new GMT II,,,,,,now this......arrrrrrgh~! Gonna get the Heritage first, though. I'm first on the line when Joshua gets his stock!!!!

Great Review, my friend! We appreciate your great work!

Hike