When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eta 2863-2 adjust problem.... need help

oki

What is the result if you put the watch away for 12 hours, upside down instead of upside up?

Even gens are allowed to have a few seconde more or less per day.

To be a certified Swiss Chronometer the watch has to be within +-5 sec per day (that is a total of 10 seconds variety). Most other automatic watches try to stay within +- 10 sec and anything within that range is totaly fine.

As much as I am changing watches it really does not matter anyways to me. :rolleyes:

What is the result if you put the watch away for 12 hours, upside down instead of upside up?

Even gens are allowed to have a few seconde more or less per day.

Is the same result.... +5 sec. in this 12 hour without wear it.

that is fully acceptable for automatic watches. See also the post of 'Surpur'. And that is even for certified chronometers (not chronograph). Still are aware that these watches are replica's. Even when there is Swiss movement inside, that movement is not totally cleaned, oiled and fully adjusted as in a gen...

oki your movement is OK.

The factory specifications for this movemnet if it's serviced and adjusted properly, is about + - 20 seconds per day.

Meaning as long as the movement keeps time within 40 seconds per day, it's working just perfect.

Your way ahead of that specification.

RG

• 3 weeks later...
Yes... I check it for three days, and it gains 5 sec. ;)

...and if you keep regulating it for a period of a week or 10 days, it's possible to make it run +-0 seconds per day or somewhere about +-/2-5 seconds per month!

ETA can do this.

I think it is a bit overly optimistic to suggest that you can regulate every ETA to +/-0/day. I do not think the regulators on most of these movements are machined well enough to make the fine adjustments required to achieve that type of accuracy. And even if they were, the wearer's normal daily movements are usually enough to throw the regulation off a bit. But if the movement is functioning to spec, most ETAs should be able to be regulated to within COSC standards (+6/-4 secs/day).

I think it is a bit overly optimistic to suggest that you can regulate every ETA to +/-0/day. I do not think the regulators on most of these movements are machined well enough to make the fine adjustments required to achieve that type of accuracy. But if the movement is functioning to spec, most ETAs should be able to be regulated to within COSC standards (+6/-4 secs/day).

I think some are just lucky. Once i regulated a A7750 and I managed to get it at 1 seconds deviation per 5 days or so. It was amazing. I was not able to check it for a month or more, since the watch is now at The Zigmeister's.

But on average they are able to be regulated within the standards like Freddy333 wrote.