When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

exploding crystal on the Pam 127!

klocklind1

Mine from Eddie Lee exploded. I replaced with DSN's crystal and no problems.

After seeing the pictures of Chief's AR, I do believe I will be stripping the AR off the DSN tho.

The old crystal was mineral glass and DSN is Saphire. Not sure if that had something to do with it, but like i said it is now perfect.

From what I've seen, there are two case models of 127. One has the production number E0117/1950, the other has another production number. From what I understand, the E0117/1950 case is the one DSN sells, so possibly less chances of the crystal exploding. Of course, I might be wrong, but that's how things have appeared, reading the posts on the subject. As a side note, although I didn't get my 127 from DSN, and it has an Asian rather than Swiss movement, it is still the E0117/1950 case, and, to date, has not yet* exploded (about 4 months near constant wear)

*Emphasis on 'yet' I fully expect the crystal to explode after pushing 'submit' just to prove me wrong :lol:

If you look at the poll here you will see that the case number plays no relation to whether it will break or not, it is the crystal that counts, the DSN crystal that we have replaced is better, if there is a trend to the case number it will show in the poll, can any recent breakages be added to the poll please.

I get an error on the poll. I chose yes for My Fiddy ser# 0117 has exploded and got this: "You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for"

My case is E0117/1950 and it had mineral glass from Eddie Lee.

I also had crystal explosion on the PAM253. Twice. It is a common known problem. From my dealer i bought a new case with glass. Just 25-30usd excl. shipping, mineral glass on the PAM253.

Bad thing it happened to me while drinking coffee with family and friends. All laughing about my 'bad quality' reps.....

Cheers,

Jouke