When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

9 My new favourite number

fishgodeep

S-

Looking very good. Did you take a cape cod to it or is that how it came?

All - thanks for your comments - I wrote a quick review of Rolli's PVD Service in member trade reviews if you are interested.

K - Thanks...I'm really happy with it.

That's how it came , Maybe not black enough for a "safe queen" but anthracite grey and actually looks well worn for a watch of the age it's pretending to be.

Chief- you know how good that kind of dish tastes....Hmmmm...I can feel an 004 coming for dessert...

Best

FGD

:fish:

Your PAM is pretty cool, but is it just me or does the "Panerai" logotype look a bit weird around the "E"? Where did you get that dial?

That's the regular painted 002/112 dial and yes the PANERAI seems to divide into PAN E RAI, but the gen also does that, poosibly less so but definitely the same effect. I have a gen 116 which is similar.

• 2 months later...
is the caseback correct?

It is DSN's dial.

The T SWISS T 'sausage' dial is correct for the 9A and early 9B while the OP6500 caseback is correct for the preA9, so strictly speaking the caseback isn't correct.

As far as I can see the dial isn't DSN's - it looks like a standard rep base dial, relumed with the Ls changed to Ts. The reluming has probably resulted in the 6 and 9 becoming more closed than they originaly were. No doubt Si (FGD) can confirm.

The T SWISS T 'sausage' dial is correct for the 9A and early 9B while the OP6500 caseback is correct for the preA9, so strictly speaking the caseback isn't correct.

As far as I can see the dial isn't DSN's - it looks like a standard rep base dial, relumed with the Ls changed to Ts. The reluming has probably resulted in the 6 and 9 becoming more closed than they originaly were. No doubt Si (FGD) can confirm.

PAMMan is correct - it's a std rep dial and I asked Ziggy to close the loops on the 6 and 9 - but maybe a bit too far with the benefit of hindsight..

Also used Pre-A OP 6500 case back as the B series option has wrong serial/ millesimation is wrong - should be xxxx/1500 and B series case backs are xxxx/3000 - correct for 001/003/004 .

One day i hope to drop a better Pre-A dial into the 009 and then it will be better all round.....happy for now though as there's only you guys who know the difference of GAF!!!

...One day i hope to drop a better Pre-A dial into the 009 and then it will be better all round.....happy for now though as there's only you guys who know the difference of GAF!!!

Ain't that the truth, FGD! ;)

Maybe some day DSN will get his Pre-V dial engraving sorted and have some dials made with the T-Swiss-T.

Maybe...

Edited by peepshow