When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Visiting Orlando Florida

dvn

Couple of question for Floridian in this forum (vic, Gio...)

Taking family to visit orlando Florida real soon. Part of the trip will include trip to NASA space center.

I am consider visiting Miami from Orland, can it be one day trip? Any places to visit and eating?

Other places recommended too

Miami is 3.5 - 4 hrs depending on where your coming from and where your going to.

Is there something specific you want to see in miami?

there is litterally millions of places to eat.

Kennedy space center is cool - they have jacked up the prices for that place recently - take the bus tour that goes out by the launch pads.

i have never been in Miami before. don't have too much time as we have disney world theme parks and water parks for my son to go. so i would like to made it one day trip.

Are there any recommended places to visit and eat? I heard about south beach, is it worth visiting?

Guest porsche356a

I dont recommend driving from O-town to Miami in 1 day. youll be on the road literally for atleast 9 hours. If you are stretched for time, you should make miami/keywest a destination on your next visit. THe parks alone will eat up atleast 3 days of your stay, so if you are only here for a week, theres literally not enough time to take in FL in a week.

If you are going to South Beach, around Lincoln Road is literally like 3rd St. Promenade in Santa Monica. But with a more latin/european flare.

Before I make recommendations, tell me what you like to eat, what your interests are, and how long you are staying and age group of the people you are travelling with.

I'm from Miami and whenever we travel to Orlando we always spend the night. Unless you can hit the road by 6AM and head back by 3or 4pm but you will be pretty tired. Here in Miami for a tourist you must go to South Beach and Lincoln Road area. Also there is Versailles Restaurant in Little Havana if you want to try authentic Cuban Food :p

Tampa/St. Pete has some great beaches -- it's a shorter drive than Ft. Lauderdale/Miami (and less expensive).

i agree my wife and i love the tampa/st pete's area. great beaches from clearwater fown to st. pete. check out the don cesar resort while in st. pete. a 1 - 1 1/2 hour drive from Orlando to tampa/st. pete is better than a 4 hour drive to miami and god forbid you hit traffic ... arrgh!!! i'm not a bg fan of any type of trafic especially when i am on vacation.

gio should chime in here as a resdent expert in and around orlando ( at least i remember reading a thread/post contributon about the things to do, places to go and where to eat and not eat).

safe travels and have fun.