When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SilixPrime - Order to Arriving - How long?

greg_rfc

Delivery of a watch from the far east will usually take about two weeks. Sometimes you get lucky and it arrives in a few days, other times it takes longer. Just be patient and enjoy the "anticipation period". For me that is the most fun part of ordering a new watch :)

It is always a painful wait but well worth it in the end. B)

My Silix order has just arrived in the UK and due at my door tomorrow. Just over 2 weeks from order, and I think he sometimes has to get the stock in if he does not have it to hand.

I agree. I ordered 3 watches from him via email. 2 were special orders, one was one that is "standard stock". 1 of the special orderes arrived after 1 week...no big deal...but the second has been waiting for over a month. I asked him to ship the first 2 which he did...but as I paid for express shipping ($28), but now require 2 shipments for the order, he shipped the first 2 by registered it seems which has taken about 9 days to arrive in Canada, and should be across the country in another 2-3 days.

The third watch is still pending...stay tuned.

Registered to Canada is 21-30 days, not 9.

If Jay have the watch, he ship quite fast. But what I hate is you can't know if the watch is actually available or not. When I ordered from him, I asked BEFORE if the watch was available. He said yes, no problem. I paid, then oups, the watch wasn't available anymore. Had to wait near a month and in the end he sent me a slicely different version of it (after offering it to me, he didn't shipped something I didn't want). So Overall a good guy, but I hate how he deal with "potential buyer"... Most of the sellers are like that anyway.

I bought quite a few watches from Silix. It never took more than 2 weeks to get

the package in the US. The fastest delivery happened a few days ago. Ordered HBB lite

and paid on March 19th, got a message on March 20th that the order would be shipped

soon, got the package at my door on 25th.

I have had good service from Silix, about average among rep dealers I'd say.

This topic reminds me of something; what would it take to form a ranking system for dealers, beyond just the subjective user reviews? Besides simplifiying things, I think it would be more fair to the dealers themselves.

Just something simple, like 1-5 stars for communication, shipping time, product versus description, return policy, and overall experience.

These easy-to-compare rankings would also serve as an incentive for dealers to improve their services and improve competition.

My experience, with about two dozen watches over three years, has been anywhere from five days to five weeks.

Perhaps longer.

Over the past two or three months it seems that that it has been better.

Something will always arrive.

Carl