When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 111h movement question ...

lazarini

PAM Gurus step right in :)

Laz is confused ... i got a gorgeous pam today and i have a few questions about the movement ... first one is obvious please see the pictures below and help me identify what movement is this ?

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00913.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

NOW ...

second thing ... i have recived this watch today around noon i have wind it up and set the time 9 hours later as i write this it keeps perfect time and apears not to lose nothing ....

WHY i say this ... well as i was checking it out i realized that sometimes "big wheel" turns really fast and then again sometimes really slow !!?

Is this normal ? Then agian how it keeps such good time ... sory if there is a reasonable explanation about this but for me as a movement noob this looks highly irregular ...

To make it more clear i tried to make a comparison video ...

FAST :

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z246/la...urrent=fast.flv

SLOW :

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z246/la...urrent=slow.flv

Sooo ... all answers are appreciated ...

LAZ

It looks like you have a Asian 6497 clone with a swan neck regulator and the sword hand, which means you got yourself a highly sought after movement. They are hard to find due to supplies being rather short of late. By the way, the movement guru's have already said that those are rock solid if you have it regulated and maintained well.

I did watch both video's and I think you're referring to the "beat" of the movement which from my recollection you have a 28,000 bph. I don't think the beat changes in speed, although I could be wrong. I'll let the real experts chime in on this one. IMHO, it looks good and if you're experiencing that level of accuracy then I'd say you've hit the jack pot.

What about the video, noone sees the decrease of speed in rotating wheel ?

Moore about the watch ...

Previous gentleman purchased this piece and had it modded as it was away for quite some time he in the meantime purchased a GEN 111h :)

This piece there fore was never worn and was probably in drawer for a looooooong time ...

Its 111h lumed and modded by VAC ... strap HK Tan gen croco ...

mods quoted :

Mods done on this one are:

Dial and hands relumed to off white color like the gen.

Dial font dyed to off white color like the gen.

ETA cannon pinion installed with polished top like gen.

1.9mm crown installed with good seals closer to gen.

Crown guard lever pin moded (flat top and polished )

Movement full serviced.

Thick AR coated front sapphire crystal.

PICS:

DSC00916.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00931-1.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00934-1.jpg

Regards Laz

Is this normal ? Then agian how it keeps such good time ... sory if there is a reasonable explanation about this but for me as a movement noob this looks highly irregular ...

No, it's not normal at all...

Something is wrong, it could be one of many things...you could notice if the slow down happens at the same place on the seconds hand on the dial, maybe the seconds hand is touching something, or a wheel could be damaged.

What you need to do is to note when the wheel slows down and speeds up, if it's every minute, then the problem is probably the seconds wheel or hand etc.

If it was serviced, it should be under warranty, something to check into.

Other than this, great looking watch.

RG

Hi all and thx to chime in.

The Zigmeister i have tried to observe now if this is happening in some certain position of the second hand but looks like to be consistent all around the 60 sec mark.

What i realized is when i keep the watch in dial up position the movement wheel speed increases to what i think coud be the correct speed.

When i turn the watch upside down it stars slowing down and then just continues to rotate slower.

Now maybe this is why it managed to runn correct time as it was on my wrist ...

Maybe i shoud turn it dial down and see if it will lose time ower nite ...

Also mind u this watch was not used and wound for more than half or maybe a year even ... can this be something to consider ?

Looks to me in the end i will need to send it somewere to be serviced ... question is where :(

Laz

HI t. The Zigmeister and anyone else reading this.

Yes this is it :

When the watch is turned dial up possition it runs fine all do as soon as u turn it dial facing down position with back exposed towards the balance wheel slows down coniderable !

I have gone to bed at midnight leaving the watch facing dial down and in 7 hours it lost more then 10 minutes :(

while yesterday on wrist apered to run werry decent ...

Oka so it has a problem now who can help me out i do not have a watchmaker here that i can be confident enough to give him the watch to work on.

Regards Laz

I'm absolutally no expert on this area.

Could it be the case that your dail sits loose from the movement on the side of the second hand ??

I don't know if this is the solution .

Carpe Diem

Cats

Hmm nope not that i can see that the dial moved ... i have talked to original owner thge watch was purchased and recived from modds in november 2007 ... and never been worn till today as he already had a gen 111h at that time.

Funny thing is i have wound it up full today in the mornin set the time and now 2 hours latter it keeps time to a second ... also i have turned it upside down a few times and the balance wheel keeps on a stedy pace now ...

Dont wanna sound too optimistic but i will see what happens im of to Vienna for a BT today for 4 days and i will keep it with me and observe the behaviour of the watch.

Also i have contacted the owner and as a great guy he is he emediaty contacted the modder for assistance if needed ...

ill keep u all updated ...

btw what a watch what a watch ula laa :)

Regards laz

If it was a hairspring problem, the watch should speed up, not slow down if it touching something.

I suspect something else, could be as simple as a cap jewel not oiled correctly, sounds like a friction problem, but not a hairspring one...

Only way to know is for someone to examin it in detail, these can be hard to find and fix...

RG

quick update ... As im on mobile and roaming so data is super expencive ... I have wound the watch today mornin cca 14 hours ago ... I have weared it mosta time but swiched to inge when we went to dinner ... I have left the 111 in hotel turned dial down and did not see the slow down ... I just came back and looks like balance wheel runs fine also checked the time and its spot on ... No loosin no gainin ...

Keep u updated Laz

Morrning gentelman,

i just checked the watch and back to forums center for the day ... i have to report that as i said i left the watch facing dial down through the night and in the morning it lost nothing ... time keepin was on the dot in the last 24 hours and i have noticed no weird balance wheel slowdowns.

@ t : yes i have also checked if movement gives diferent sounds in diferent possitions and i must say it sounds the same to me from every side ( i have tried this yesterday late night while in my hotel room ...

I will see what happens wound it an hour ago while i was leavin the hotel and will check again this evening when we finish here .

regards laz

see, must have b. the thing with lube getting hard because of not running for a long time... or even some dirt-dust - as I told you immediattely after I saw the watch. great mate, Im soo happy that it is running. would be a shame for a piece like this to go to a doctor so soon.

looking fw to see you over the weekend.