When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

These made me curious..

tazzman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, they are due out next month - not the pvd ones

angus has it on his sitefor 318 and paul for 398

Well tazz just increased the price to 450 usd .... way to go tazz <_<

Actually I'm in for 1 or 2 .. but then again I'm easy <_<:D .. but not cheap :angry:

This piece will get alot of glares of WTF.. the older generation may need chiropractic assistance when they have that knee jerk reaction once they see you walk by.. :blink:

the younger generation may relate... after all if they can pierce thier entire face then $hit they better not critique this watch :brow:

And if you wear this into a strip club you have the dubious honour to say .."these pair aren't real either"

I actually find the Swordfish to be attravctive in a morbid sort of way.. :wub: ...they probably look better after a few rounds at the pub and no where to go after it closes.. :(

• 2 weeks later...

To me, and this is just my humble opinion, all Graham watches are the horological equivalent of driving an 80's Porsche 911 with a massive rear spoiler.

It automatically implies you have a micropenis. People would just stare at you in public if you wore this on your wrist - and not in a good way.

They look like they've been designed (if that is the correct word) by children.

This isn't as bad as the Chronofighter which looks like a hand grenade, but I really do hate them more than any other watch i've ever seen....

But, I have to say at least it's making me have an opinion. A lot of watches these days just look like devices for telling the time. I hate it, but at least it makes me feel something.

Please please can someone buy one and take a few wrist shots - that would cheer me up no end.

PS - this all of course means that in about a year, I'll love them. There was a time when I thought Panerai's looked awful...

Edited by Tom

Can't wait to see the reviews on this these. I dig the Black models. Puretime states that they should be available today? The starting price is $390. With you're experience, how long does it take for the prices to go down??? There is also a right and left version. Never seen that on a rep.

The PVD version will probably be painted or some other cheapo substitute, probably best to avoid it. I'd be surprised if the coating lasted more than a few days without showing wear in places.

i highly doubt it will be painted. im sure they will use a PVD caoting. this is from the same maker as the hbb

so im certainly expecting a quality piece...especially for the price tag these will have.

i highly doubt it will be painted. im sure they will use a PVD caoting. this is from the same maker as the hbb

so im certainly expecting a quality piece...especially for the price tag these will have.

Having ready a review of a preproduction piece it does not look good.

air bubbles under the magnifying crystals

crooked dial work

really cheap rubber strap

movement issues.

$400 for something that will only probably be fit for the bin upon receipt.

• 2 weeks later...
some prototype pics up at angus's site...

http://puretimewatch.com/index.php?productID=401

he also has a spot for the concord C1!!! very exciting time for reps. :D

Concord C1.. We heard the rumor, now let's see some prototypes :) Very exciting times indeed... I hope they will do some justice to the concord dial.. Look at the detail that goes into it:

http://www.thewatchquote.com/mesIMG/img800/23273.jpg :o:oB):D

well im hoping they get the C1 right as well. the dial has some great detail!! josh showed pics of the gen they were using

to make the rep. cant wait to see the rep....lets hope the price tag isnt too big.

the swordfish proto type pics look great...cant wwait to pick that one up. definitely buying the black knight!

NO.

Enough with these ugly reps. Please somebody in China can you make something nice for a change as a super rep? Please? Pretty Please??

those are exactly my thoughts, so many nice watches waiting to be done, only to name a few:

IWC Mark XVI

Omega Seamaster 300 vintage

IWC Aquatimer non chrono

Correct Cartier Santos (not C 100 version)

But on the other hand we seen assioma, hbb or Corum AC, all super reps, almost perfect in every detail, so maybe we should give a chance for this one aswell???Not watch for me, thats for sure, but love to see good reviews of it.