When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Going to PVD a Noob Sub

ajoesmith

Can you imagine someone doing this to a red 1680, as shown in the pics?

Yikes...it's okay for reps, and I think it would look cool and neat, but to even consider this if you had a gen is downright scary and I wonder if the company who does it has been sued by those who later tried to sell their watch...

actually i know a couple guys from a knife watch forum that have had gen watches done in PVD or boron carbide (much, much harder than PVD) or satin bead blasted by jack at IWW. the black gen sub that was done with a matching black bracelet looked really cool :)

while you can file a lawsuit against anybody for anything trying to sue someone for work you requested and paid to have done is a good way to end up paying your court costs and the other person's and damages...

Ahhh... BJ's (Kamal) Prohunter. A very interesting project, and quite interesting indeed. There was another UK firm that was doing the same, except to vintage pieces (a la 1675's, etc) and one other small project that modified some 16600's as well, if I recall correct (except in very limited quantities).

I do like the idea of PVD'ing a noobmariner, though I think if you're going to do this, you need to do the bracelet as well! NATO strap works well with the PH, but I think having the complete watch done would be quite impressive.