When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Daylight 196

Stephane

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the second project watch but first PAM I have ever sold. I made the mistake of wearing it to lunch with Stephane and the rest was history. :lol: Actually, I couldn't pick a better home. :)

Thanks for these nice words :blush:

It's THE 196 Reference Piece IMHO......great purchase Stephane and amazing sale Kruzer ....must have been a rare alignment of the planets for that to occur!!!

Superb photography....the detail just oozes out of those shots!!!

Lovin' it!!

:fish:

Wow, if my home is hosting the reference 196, I hope I will be the best host possible :cupidarrow:

Talking about details :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Amazing, isn't it.

Panerai196_Kruz_800_19B.jpg

Wow congrats Stephane that 196 is truly a work of art. My 196 was actually my first PAM. This is a truly impressive piece. Just out of curiousity how do you tell if you have the old case? Not sure which one mine is since I bought it from a member.

@kruzer Wow if you weren't really in the market to sell such a beauty but did just because a fellow member had such a interest in these then kudos to you. That's what this hobby should be about enjoying a piece but being willing to pass it along at some point. I was lucky enough to get both an old factory Seawolf and Chrono Avenger and in both cases I'm sure it was because the seller simply wanted them to go to someone who was going to cherish them and get excited about wearing them. Needless to say they both get quite a bit of wristime.

I'd love to do a 188 or 196 project at some point.

Wow congrats Stephane that 196 is truly a work of art. My 196 was actually my first PAM. This is a truly impressive piece. Just out of curiousity how do you tell if you have the old case? Not sure which one mine is since I bought it from a member.

Well, as I'm not an old member, I couldn't tell myself.

I wasn't "RWG" borned when they were available :lol:

Now, I believe some other member if not Kruz himself have much more knowledge and will shime in...

The old case which comes from the first factory to make the Daylights does have differences. The most telling is the bezel. It has the proper height and articulation off the case. As a result it also occupies the proper area on the case top (more of the brushed case is revaled on the old case). In effect the newer case has the bezel spreading too far over the case top and also does not have the same spread off the case and inversion thereafter. I did have the opportunity to very closely inspect Stephane's rep versus a 162 (which was the original Daylight chrono and predecessor to the 196 and 188) and the proportionality is remarkably good. It also had a better crown guard both in terms of sizing and finish. The new version has a better crown and closer to gen set of hands. And on the 188 the newer watch has a better dial. I have never figured out why but the newer cased dials are layed out such that the date window is located just slightly closer to the 5 which is less accurate to the gen.

I believe there was a pictorial pointing out the differences but it is too early to go hunting. :lol:

Mon ami, c'est un horloge extraordinaire et votre images sont merveillieux

Proficiat ;)

Hartelijk bedankt ;)

Bien Sur! ;)

Comment ne serait-ce pas le cas ?

I may be coming to NY this summer to go to a few Yankees games before they demolish a sacred and legendary monument, and would like to go to lunch with you, W. And I am sure I will LOVE whatever it is that happens to be on your wrist at the time. ;)

I might come back ...

:rofl:

Stephane:

Awesome specimen...

I too acquired a 7753 196 recently...

And like you, am extremely happy with it...

Wear it well my friend...

Double T

Looks great TT. Thanks for sharing, wear it well too.

Wow, great post and wonderful pictures and text, well done, easy to read and very informative.

Congrats on such a fine piece from Kruzer's collection.

Wear it well.

RG

Ah, the man behind the watch :)

Thanks for your nice words Ziggy.

Like for my vintage rollies dials, I can't stop looking at the work you did on this one under a loupe.

If I didn't have the watch in my hands, I would say it is impossible to achieve such a precise work. :notworthy:

After some very bad experiences with some clowns that you are aware of, your skills are fresh air for our hobby.

Please tell us you move to Europe soon :lol:

Unbelievable watch, my jealousy knows no bounds, but then again that's nothing new after drooling over those bloody Sea Dwellers for so long. :p

I wouldn't be surprised if Chief's new coating, when used single-sided, would be nearly as good as most double-AR's anyways...

I'll eventually make my way towards one of these beauties, but I'm in no rush. I could add nothing to the 'agenda' for the entire coming year and still be quite occupied with projects and finishing up pieces that are nearly done...so it will still be a while yet.

That being said, I'm thinking I'm going to be after one of the ETA pam chrono's as my next 'big watch'.

Dear Stephane,

most of your rollies are near perfect but this one can play in the same league.

does this mean that you are ging for mre perfect PAM's in the future.

Wear it well and ofcourse in good health.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Guest Sql_pl

My good old 196 is at k2222's right now getting some AR....

In the meantime... if there is a person that wants to get rid of his 7753 old cased Daylight... let's go for a lunch! I need one.

Well, I am drooling over this 196 myself Mezz :D

So here some news after 80 hours: this beauty has not lost nor gain a single second :o

I only have one other watch in my collection that is that accurate.

Amazing work.

Wow. I have yet to own a watch that functions with that level of precision. It's an amazing piece. What I love about this hobby is that through education, you can achieve the best of both worlds. Sometimes I feel like this is all going to come crashing down at some point, as it feels unnatural to be so lucky as to have the choices that we have to reach horological nirvana.

Congrats on a great piece.

I've got a 7753 196 too, it's had the The Zigmeister treatment and has a Lello DW awaiting fitting. It's sporting a Don Carbon Fibre strap (excllent value) and is running at +1 sec every 3 days!!!

DSCN1511.jpg

As you can see the Ziggmeister's luming is second to none :D

Edited by baltic

does this mean that you are ging for mre perfect PAM's in the future.

Well, there are not a lot I like (need a GMT one day, I have a not that bad 112, a good 127 and a vintage project).

196 was my first choice anyway and now that I have it, I don't think I'll look for an entire Pam collection, only a GMT.

@all, thanks :)

Cheers

Stephane