When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My TrustyTime submariner with eta movement

radiohead101

Hi there!

So here are some photos of my TrustyTime submariner. It is this model: link

Opinions:

I like this watch a lot. It really is beautiful. It feels great. It looks excellent, and I've been receiving a lot of complements on it. A superior at work has a legit seadweller, and this looks every bit as good as his. The movement looks very nice, and all the details on the watch are very crisp and gorgeous. (Can you tell I really like it?)

Complaints:

1. The cyclops is a little misaligned

2. The band has "sharp" links, which don't feel very excellent on the skin

3. This morning the date was stuck between the 3rd and 4th, I pulled the crown out to change the date and got it to flick over to today.

4. As we all know, the pearl is anemic

Questions:

1. Is this the same case as the Noobmariner?

2. Can the aftermarket bezel (the black thing with numbers and the pearl) fit in this?

Caveat:

I am not a photographer!

dsc00772ig9.jpg

dsc00780ni1.jpg

dsc00781qa1.jpg

dsc00783zs9.jpg

dsc00784az0.jpg

dsc00786fq5.jpg

dsc00787ny1.jpg

dsc00788xf1.jpg

dsc00793dc4.jpg

Thank you for reading!

You can fit an aftermarket bezel insert, but most people just put a better pearl in, like the one from www.watchmaterial.com. But this week when I was looking at their site, I couldn't find any of their bezel inserts. I didn't get around to calling their 800 number. I wonder if the rolex police got after them.

Smoothing the edges of the bracelet with 600 grit sandpaper and/or polish will take the sharp edges off.

Enjoy your watch.

This is the famous ETA Noobmariner, a watch that some still don't acknowledge the existence of. I have this very same watch from Andrew and it's fantastic and the best out of the box Sub rep in existence. In person, the pearl does not look anywhere near as zitty as it does in some of the pics and is comparatively quite good compared to others I've seen. Wear it well.

Oh I forgot about the cyclops misalignment..if its a crystal misalignment issue, don't know if ya heard but one of the best caseback removers is a ball of tape a little smaller than a golf ball. Well they work on crystals to (if you don't want to break the watch down). I've done it to several. Just press a tape ball on the crystal and twist. It may take a couple attempts to get it right but it has always worked for me. ;)

Edited by predfan2001