When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The End Of The Recessed Cannon Pinion Issue?

wireless

Very interesting.. but i think i can wait until we see the H movement, i believe the engraving is not good when you compare them side by side with the Gen, If the H movement is good and the ressesed pin in no longer an issue like this one i think we are very close to the gen, after the release of the H movement with correct swan neck and no ressesed pin we have only minor flaws to cover...So i think i will wait to see this before i continue to get hand wound Pams

John

Very interesting.. but i think i can wait until we see the H movement, i believe the engraving is not good when you compare them side by side with the Gen, If the H movement is good and the ressesed pin in no longer an issue like this one i think we are very close to the gen, after the release of the H movement with correct swan neck and no ressesed pin we have only minor flaws to cover...So i think i will wait to see this before i continue to get hand wound Pams

John

Don't forget that the font of the 'Officine Panerai' in the H Series rep movement is way off, anyone can spot it easily.

Also, let's not forget that the wire lug retaining screws are still of a poor quality, with threading into the back of hte case which crosses readily. THis thing is far from being close to perfect, as the dealers would like you to believe.

I'm curious, do you have experience with this specific latest versionv and the lug retaining screws ?

Do you actually own this version of 183 that trusty is now selling?

I'm curious, do you have experience with this specific latest versionv and the lug retaining screws ?

Do you actually own this version of 183 that trusty is now selling?

No, I don't have experience with the one that Trusty is selling... HOWEVER, I have handled the same variant(with all of the improvements seen in Trusty's photo) from another dealer (who sources from the same supplier as Trusty), and it appears that while the cannon pin has been corrected, the poor quality threading on the wirelugs, and the poor quality threading on the screw-down crown, remains the same.

Wish it weren't so, but sadly this piece still needs work.

The lug screws are a pain - but unless you want to change your strap often, not a problem.

The bad crown tube is a major problem and should be fixed.

I have $20 street-market Rolex reps that have never caused a problem with thie screw-down crowns. So why are we expected to put up with bad crown tubes on otherwise high-quality Radiomir reps?

This problem is the reason that I don't have a Black Seal, yet.

I do have a Radiomir 147, which I love to bits. Changing the strap was a challenge... but on the plus side - it doesn't have a screw-down crown.

Problem solved.

Just to jump in. I have a Black seal for almost 9 months now. I've never had a problem with the crown tube. I wear it several times a month and wind it maybe 10 times per month. maybe the secret is that I don't screw it down unless I'm wearing it. I put a nice Toscana strap on it and haven't changed it so can't comment on the lug screws. It is one classy watch. just don't take it off at the AD.