When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

finally arrived.. IWC pilot chronograph 3717

arminvanbuuren

Yes the sub dial hands are lumed on the gen, minus the red one I believe. avb - it looks great. I recognize that AR. ;)

This watch has been a long time coming for avb, as I believe there was a previous AR remnant on the crystal that was coated over the first time, so we had to strip it all off and coat it again. So now it's time to enjoy this one!!!

Yes the sub dial hands are lumed on the gen, minus the red one I believe. avb - it looks great. I recognize that AR. ;)

This watch has been a long time coming for avb, as I believe there was a previous AR remnant on the crystal that was coated over the first time, so we had to strip it all off and coat it again. So now it's time to enjoy this one!!!

im really enjoying this watch chief.. thanks for doing the AR.. it is amazing.. lol even my gf said where is the glass lol.. n she tried to touch the dial!!.. amazing.. i think in the next run i would like to send my breitling chronomat evolution for a recoat.. as my current one has been accidently stripped off (by WD-40) :(..

Looks great! The only issue still left is that the 3, 6, 9 and 12 markers are a tad thicker than on the gen.

And obviously you need to install a crystal in it :lol:

i just checked with the one at the ad.. the markers aren't that much thicker.. in fact in some watch the thickness is very similar.. not really noticeable! --> and this is after the modded markers per my watch :).. before the mod the markers were alot thicker

Edited by arminvanbuuren

i just checked with the one at the ad.. the markers aren't that much thicker.. in fact in some watch the thickness is very similar.. not really noticeable! --> and this is after the modded markers per my watch :) .. before the mod the markers were alot thicker

So your modder shaved a bit off? Good to know..... mine needs lume too :)

i just checked with the one at the ad..

So what about the brass / silver pinion discussion? Have you already seen gens with brass pinions as on the rep? Just curious...

Also Piratedzeus noted in a thread last week that the gen has a more grainy dial. Can you confirm or does it also differ on gens?

So what about the brass / silver pinion discussion? Have you already seen gens with brass pinions as on the rep? Just curious...

Also Piratedzeus noted in a thread last week that the gen has a more grainy dial. Can you confirm or does it also differ on gens?

as for the brass pinnion discussion.. it is still inconclusive (check my iwc 3717 gen vs rep comparison).. in some pics i got from timezone.. there are gens that have brass coloured pinions and there are some that has silver pinions.. so i'm not sure about this (one that i saw in the AD has golden colour pinions, but it could be the fact that the AD has yellow lights or it actually is gold.. i even asked my gf to see whether it is gold or silver(check if my eyes are a bit dodgy or not).. she said it is gold colour).. but it is an actual gold (yellow) coloured pinions.. where as on the reps its more brownish colour.. as for the dial.. i didn't really pay attention to it.. but if i went pass the AD again i will check on that.. but from pics (check out my gen vs rep review again).. i think it looks very similar no?

comparison of pinions

dials.jpg

and u can compare the dial colour as well with my pics above.. imo they both look very similar

Edited by arminvanbuuren

and u can compare the dial colour as well with my pics above.. imo they both look very similar

It's not the colour, but the structure. From pics it looks as if the the surface is a bit more grainy on the gen than on the rep. Piratedzeus noticed this in a thread a few days ago, but I'm still not sure as I didn't noticed it with the gen at the AD. So I will need a new check.

post-4081-1207562931_thumb.jpg

It's not the colour, but the structure. From pics it looks as if the the surface is a bit more grainy on the gen than on the rep. Piratedzeus noticed this in a thread a few days ago, but I'm still not sure as I didn't noticed it with the gen at the AD. So I will need a new check.

i get ya.. but that pics are taken in super-macro mode i think using slr camera.. i think even our reps would look as grainy as that if we use the same camera they use.. check this pic of daytona.. it looks more grainy than usual too.. but ill check again tomorrow.. the gen 3717 from what i can remember is not as grainy as that in real life but ill double check for u tomorrow :D

116509-bk-0002.jpg

amazing rep...

how are the SS bracelet on the rep compared to the gen???

the double AR job is superb...

gotta love the lume :)

the feel alone is very similar.. the rep bracelet is buttery smooth.. but i'll tell u a little secret.. the difference is located on the clasp!.. on the side of the rep clasp there is a hole.. where as the gen does not have this!

how are the SS bracelet on the rep compared to the gen???

I think the bracelet is excellent, but the clasp is a little bit less than excellent. The thin pusher to open the clasp with does not always respond like it should and thus i need to push it several times before the clasp opens. Also some parts of the clasp inside are now machine turned (Is this good English?), where it should be sandblasted.

The bracelet itself is really awesome.

i just checked with the one at the ad.. the markers aren't that much thicker.. in fact in some watch the thickness is very similar.. not really noticeable! --> and this is after the modded markers per my watch :) .. before the mod the markers were alot thicker

I was going to say that the markers look great. It looks like The Zigmeister did the same marker work to this one that I asked him to do to mine.

I was going to say that the markers look great. It looks like The Zigmeister did the same marker work to this one that I asked him to do to mine.

i think yours would look much better brian.. i asked him to thin down my markers.. where as urs i take it that he removes the whole markers? i mean yours should be closer to gen :D.. cant wait to see urs tho :D

i just checked with the one at the ad.. the markers aren't that much thicker.. in fact in some watch the thickness is very similar.. not really noticeable! --> and this is after the modded markers per my watch :).. before the mod the markers were alot thicker

Scoobs is a very picky guy(and I can know) arminvanbuuren, man what a beautiful piece.......

I just love to frustrate myself looking for the ultimate rep or at least one that is close enough for me.... :lol: .

lol i gave up trying lol.. i think this is as close as anyone could get to the real thing.. unless u consider breitling BCE ultimate v2.. then add lello datewheel on it :).. maybe that will be closer.. but theres no fun in that :p too easy