When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noobmariner band replacemenet

radiohead101

Hey guys

I have the legendary Noobmariner, and I was looking to replace the band on it. I want something higher quality than what comes with it, because to me the band is the one thing on the watch that feels really fake (does that make sense?)

I was looking on ebay. I should be searching for "rolex band 20mm" or something, right?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

ie,

http://cgi.ebay.com/20MM-STEEL-RIVET-OYSTE...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Oyster-SS-Watch-B...1QQcmdZViewItem

etc?

In what way do you feel the band is fake?

I know that the edges are sometimes too sharp, but that can be worked on.

If you think that it should be heavier, then I suggest you might want to look at the MBW straps, but the solid mid links are not true to an original strap.

Of the 2 bay ones you mentioned the first is too old for a noob so the second version would be the better choice, but I doubt that it will be that different or better than whats on the noob. Just my HO

ST

actually the noobmariner bracelet is considered to be one of the best rep sub bracelets out there. a number of members with highly modded eta subs with genuine parts have chosen to use the noob bracelet on their watches ;)

Indeed!

You will be disapointed if you go for anything else but a genuine one.

The difference in weight between the Noob and a gen is really nothing to mention by the way.

I agree with Stephane and the solid endlinks of a MBW band don't fit as niece as the original noob bracelet does.

If you still want to have a solid MBW band i have one for sales for you.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Dont buy yourself a real bracelet you would be dissepointed the real ones are also feeling cheap.

What you can do is oil the current bracelet and soak it in WD40 for some hours and then clean it after that.

Maybe the bracelet is just dirty and after that it will feel much better.

Greetings Navi ;)

I think the post above ^^ is a good suggestion. I don't think that you'd notice much difference between the gen and rep bracelets if you were to condition the rep bracelet in the fashion described above.

The only difference between the gen and rep bracelets in appearance is in the sheen of the metal. Not exactly something that's easy to pick up on...if others have noticed more differences, hopefully they can chime in.

Hi guys,

Thank you for the information.

So 2 questions:

1. Is there any kind of oil or lube I can use to help the links of the bracelet "fold" better? They seem to kind of bind on themselves.

2. Would a gen bracelet fit on the Noob perfectly?

Thank you again, you are a wealth of info.

RH

I use Nyoil, a light high quality oil on all of the metal rep bracelets. It can make a huge improvement in the feel. Also pay some attention to the link screws, which are usually too loose or too tight.

Carl