When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A question about vintage Sub plexi crystals...

predfan2001

You guys may remember my old franken-Hydro Tudor....it's long gone but I'm building another. This time I'm going with a cyclops crystal. The case I'll be using will hold at Tropic 19, I've never ordered a cyclops crystal and wanted some verification on which one to order.

a12.jpg

CousinsUK has a chart of round special forms plastic topglass in their plastic crystal section- these are SternKreuz crystals. ID of a T-19 is 279, OD is 305. That means 27.9mm and 30.5mm. The T-125 is 295 and 303 so it won't fit the inside ring of a 5513 case. They show a T-127 (for the 1680) but they don't show the ID, OD is 303- so it's close on the OD.

Ofrei's has some charts on aftermarket T-19's. The sizes vary somewhat- Lovely...

And of course, when you're talking rep cases, who knows what you'll run up against. I do recommend a set of digital calipers for $10-20 from Harbor Freight.

Info on Rolex Tropic crystals is hard to come by- it gave me fits on my 5508!

Well the Tropic 127 would be my guess but I just wanted verification. Hell I asked Helfands and got "Can't help you". That's pretty crappy being they ARE a watch parts supplier and I have bought many items from them (but I didn't tell them it was for a rep). Makes me think about buying elsewhere.

I doubt the person that answered does know. prolly just an order taker.

I had the same experience with Jules Borel and all i asked was for some case clamps for an ETA 2836 cause i cound not find the part number. They told me no case refrence could be found. wtf? If you know exactly what you need and have a part number your all set, if not keep lookin until u find it. lol.