When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Living in UPO hell!

Coeuss

I've had two really bad PO reps. One was really good for awhile but then it broke. So I sprung for a UPO from Josh, who I only deal with. As usual he was fast. I rushed home and opened up my box and was happy for about 30 sec. The bezel was too my liking unlike the Silix version, I could live with the symbol (liked the Silix version better) and the HE valve was great, as well as the rubber strap (thicker than Silix's and not a dust magnet). As I looked at the watch I noticed two things. First I couldn't wipe off the finger "grease" on the crystal and 2nd the dial was reallly crooked. Back to the first thing, the grease, looks as though someone tried to wipe out the case but left grease behind (I'm asking the experts is this the case or is the AR really that bad where it looks like scratches on the crystal from the inside?) So now to the second, the dial or the bezel is off by a lot in my opinion. I've contacted my favorite seller in the hopes that he has some advice about this. Whether or not it may be grease. Does this mean that I will stop buying from him or slander his name? NO absolutely not. I'll continue to buy from him. I'm posting this so others who may have had a similar experience can share and comfort me and tell me its going to be ok and I'm posting this for future buyers who have the same problem so they know it will be ok. One other thing, I do think that if you are going to drop 300 dollars on a watch whether it's fake or not it should be QCd before it gets out the door. I've had better luck with my cheaper purchases. All I want is a PO thats nice. If I keep screwing around with POS reps by the time its all said and done I could have purchased a real one.

I too love Josh, he was my very first dealer. I understand his reasonings for drop shipping but it's like rolling the dice. Did you try to clean the dial with some soap and water? If that doesn't work then it is marked on the inside of the crystal. I would send it back to Josh which is a whole other pain in itself and ask him to have one shipped to him and then he ship it off to you. That takes longer but could save you a headache or two in the end.

All I want is a PO thats nice. If I keep screwing around with POS reps by the time its all said and done I could have purchased a real one.

QC aside, get the crystal sent off to Chieftang or K2222 for some cleaning and AR. It'll change the entire watch.

The dial is likely straight, its the positioning of the pearl/insert that usually makes it look a little off. As to the crystal, I have heard some talk that the UPO has been showing up with AR on the outside lately. It seems to be poor quality and easily marked. The other person I read about describe it as looking like a grease spot as well.

Pics would help!

Good News after what Andrew and Lord Rasta said I went back and looked at the crystal again. I noticed that some of the "grease" looked remove. So I got a heavy cotton bath clothe and vigorously rubbed the crap out of that crystal. I'm happy to report that whatever that heck that purple crap was is no longer there and you can see the AR underneath the crystal. Thanks guys and this is why I post. I love this place. Now for the next step after I get home in 3 mths or so from traveling. I have a Silix dial with correct Omega symbol but I'm afraid to put on because putting back on the hands is an issue for me. Any tips out there? Like how not to scratch the hands or screw up the movement? Thanks all

What about putting tape over the hands.

I have to say Josh did come through for me again even though I had my doubts. I just put my stainless steel bracelet on. It looks good. I'll probably modd it in three months with the dial that I have

For those who want to see Bond wearing the UPO while in action http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...1,7735864.story

Cant thank you guys enough for all the responses. Thanks again gang