When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Ingenieur Stainless Steel: Pictorial of a great watch

Stephane

IWC Ingy SS from BAZZ

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_04B.jpg

Dear All,

A long time ago, I got myself a SS Ingy.

It was coming from a great member and was a great watch.

For some weird reason, I sold it :(

At least it went to a very good home :)

Recently, Bazz put his Ingy for sale and I wondered if I shouldn't get it.

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_09B.jpg

The deal

I asked Bazz to keep me on the top of the list of buyers for 24 hours.

I didn't want to go for it right away to regret it later.

He kept the watch for me, although he received higher offers than his initial price.

That only is just fantastic, isn't it?  :clap:

So, of course, in the end the deal was made and the watch shipped the next day.

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_04C.jpg

Funny: the package arrived after having been opened by my local customs.

As it was supposed to be watch parts and that the kevlar strap was in a separate plastic bag and immediately visible.

They didn't even open the bubbled pack that was inside the envelop too and that contained the watch!!!  :cryss:

The actual watch

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_09.jpg

This Ingy has a double Anti Reflect Coating from Chieftang's previous generation.

The feeling when looking at it on the wrist is as good as on my other watches with double AR done by K2222.

We are really lucky guys to have such great members to help us.

No crystal

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_04.jpg

Blue crystal

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_11.jpg

I really love this watch. It is like a huge and heavy Sub or SD.

Tick but still very comfortable on the arm.

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_05.jpg

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_06.jpg

The watch is powered by an Eta 2824...but I won't show you this time.

I do not open my watches anymore unless it is a Rolie as I have no perfect tool for this case back.

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_07.jpg

I have to add that this watch is 100% pristine.

It's even much better looking than in my souvenir.

I wonder if Bazz did something special to this one.

It's shining wonderfully.

Happy ending!

I was sad not having this baby in my collection anymore…well she's back now!

IwcIngenieurSSBazz_800_01.jpg

It was a pleasure to do this transaction with Bazz.

He added the Kevlar strap to the deal by the way.

I have only one word to describe this man: Bazz is a generous gentleman.

Thanks for looking and before you go, have a look at a great photo from the previous owner.

Click here for Andy's great review Gen/Rep will help you to spot the differences if you are not familiar with that animal!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers

Stephane

BazzIngyPic.jpg

Great purchase! A replica that is worthy of a place in your incredible collection!

If you get time could you take a wrist shot, looking at the side of the watch, to show how the watch sits on the wrist please? (the angle Im trying to describe is pretend you are flying like superman with your arm out in front of you, then the photo comes from around your shoulder, to show how high it sits on the wrist)

I had to sell my UPO because it sat high on my wrist, and my wrists aren't the largest.

Glad you got another Stephane. Pure Genta beauty that one is :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It is funny how sometimes you just miss a watch you sell....

I just got another 187 Chronozilla. I had thought I wanted the non-chrono version and sold mine only to decide it was one I really needed to have - never did get the non-chrono 87 :lol:

And yes, Bazz is a true gentleman

Great purchase! A replica that is worthy of a place in your incredible collection!

If you get time could you take a wrist shot, looking at the side of the watch, to show how the watch sits on the wrist please? (the angle Im trying to describe is pretend you are flying like superman with your arm out in front of you, then the photo comes from around your shoulder, to show how high it sits on the wrist)

I had to sell my UPO because it sat high on my wrist, and my wrists aren't the largest.

Like this ?

PA050656.jpg

Glad you got another Stephane. Pure Genta beauty that one is :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It is funny how sometimes you just miss a watch you sell....

I just got another 187 Chronozilla. I had thought I wanted the non-chrono version and sold mine only to decide it was one I really needed to have - never did get the non-chrono 87 :lol:

And yes, Bazz is a true gentleman

Yes, it's a very funny hobby.

You are so right about that.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes I care about accurancy some times I just love the rep so much as a watch itself that the flaws versus the gen doesn't bother me at all :blink:

Thank you both Maxmilian and Stephane. I think it might be due to the length from top lug to bottom lug being less on the Ingy, would probably sit on my wrist much nicer than the PO which looks longer. Apologies for the threadjack :whistling:

Wear it well, a definite keeper that one :)

WOW,Thanks Stephane, I'm glad you were pleased with the deal :)

I'm thrilled it made it into your collection and that I will get to see it occasionally with a pink sweater! :animal_rooster:

Deal was as smooth as can be on my end also and thank the rep gods that they didn't look too hard at customs :black_eye:

IMG_4189_1copy.jpg

ingy_9_31_1-1.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

Wow, Bazz I love your photos :wub:

Thanks again, never hesitate if I can help in anyways.

Cheers

Stephane

PS: I will take more wrist shots! I do not wear pink-pink!

This one is a wonderfull 100% coton sweat I bought in Sardaigne and it is SMOKED SALMON :lol:

A great post Stephane, we will have to do some wrist shots on the next GTG, or we chuck them all on the table and play spot the gen in the pile, i think that may be quite difficult!

@ B16a1 the gen wears a little taller than the rep due to the case back but you dont realy notice it. If you do a little work on the strap you will never notice any difference in feel either.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This model has been discontinued many years ago and it will not be repped again.

It is a highly sought after model these days. It was and still is one of the best reps ever made. Its quality holds up to todays "super-reps" Panerai's from Noob, I would dare to say it's even better then those as far as the quality.

I got mine back in 2007, Swiss 2836 that has been serviced as well. it runs as well as Gen would, which is amazing.

It's a quite heavy watch and not best for small wrist like 6" - 6 and 3/4 which is why during this time I wear it very rarely, so it's sitting in a box in a super almost like new condition   :)

Agreed. 

A great replication that I wouldn't sell, specialy with the history of this one.

Do you intend to sell yours? 

I think I may just put it up for sale eventually. I have to get to it when I have some time, take some good photos.

I have been really wearing very rarely throughout those years. It's really not made for 6" wrists as far as its design (unlike Panerai that works well at 44mm). So I could never get used to it which is why I never wore it much. But that's just me I think.

I also read that this is one of the reasons IWC decided to put out the 40mm, thinner version after all these years.