When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gonna ask at the risk of sounding stupid.......

technobug

Got it. Soooo the gen's use both right? Is the gen carbon dial a sausage? or a sandwich?

per example an 111 comes in a sausage and in an sandwich dial both seen on gens H is a sandwich F let say is an sausage ...

carbon dials are all sausage as i remeber ...

regards laz

Putting the cat amongst the pigeonsThe carbon's I've seen aka 140 and 180 are neither.The numbers are metal poss goldAh the confusionST

per example an 111 comes in a sausage and in an sandwich dial both seen on gens H is a sandwich F let say is an sausage ... carbon dials are all sausage as i remeber ... regards laz

To be more precise, the sandwich dial consists of 2 parts. The underlaying part has a superluminova layer. On top of it sits the upper layer of the dial of which the numbers have been cut out. This results in the H-series historic dial.

B-series to G-series have the same principle - only the cutout numbers are filled with SL. That's why it looks like the numbers have been painted on top of the dial. But in fact these are 'filled indices' dials, which most people call 'sausage'. Angus's ultimate 111e is a perfect example of this.

If I'm correct only the historic logo dials (PAM000 en PAM005) are the exception and have SL painted on top of a single layer dial. The contempory dials have the SL painted on top as well. These are the painted dials.

A-G Series = Sausage

H- above = Sandwich

Home Fries are extra :)

Mmmm...home fries hands...

On a tangent, I'm such an a**...a good friend of mine has started to get really interested in watches and she's been asking me more and more questions. She wanted to learn all the names of major components so we went through the case, bezel, cg, hands, etc.. She is now under the impression that the running-seconds hand of any watch is called a finger. :lol: