When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which alternative Portuguese would you buy?

Scirocco

Hi all,

I already ordered an Portuguese Chrono Automatic White/Panda. As you may have heard, the current batches of watches are problematic and it is better to choose another model. (that is why you can't find them anymore on the sites from Joshua and Andrew).

Anyway, I have to choose a different Portuguese. I like the new Portuguese Automatic, but the date window is not in the right position, the subdials are to close and I am not sure if there is a red section in the powerreserve subdial (as you can see if you compare both attached pictures). Would you buy this rep?

I also like the Portuguese Perpetual handwind (the third picture, with the moonphase) but I can't find any pictures of a gen to compare it with. Does anyone have information regarding the original of this model?

Thanks!

post-11240-1208635842_thumb.jpg

post-11240-1208635853_thumb.jpg

post-11240-1208636052_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scirocco

The Portofino is already on my list in the black version. I asked Narikaa to look out for it during his upcoming trip to the Far East. After reading the post from Lanikai maybe I should change to the cream version..... to many choices.

In the meantime I did some extra research on this forum. I believe that the Portuguese Automatic is a bad rep?

Check out the new Portifino chrono. The quality looks to be very good.

Yes, I already noticed it. It is hard to replace the troublesome Portuguese Chrono Automatic. I already have the Portofino on my list. I still would like to buy a good rep of a Portuguese.

Not even close to the original. They did not even spell the word "reserve" correctly

Hi all,

I already ordered an Portuguese Chrono Automatic White/Panda. As you may have heard, the current batches of watches are problematic and it is better to choose another model. (that is why you can't find them anymore on the sites from Joshua and Andrew).

Anyway, I have to choose a different Portuguese. I like the new Portuguese Automatic, but the date window is not in the right position, the subdials are to close and I am not sure if there is a red section in the powerreserve subdial (as you can see if you compare both attached pictures). Would you buy this rep?

I also like the Portuguese Perpetual handwind (the third picture, with the moonphase) but I can't find any pictures of a gen to compare it with. Does anyone have information regarding the original of this model?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I've bought one of this to give as a present to my father. The watch in reality is 300% better than in the photos. I got the white dial, blue numbers and rose gold, and every single person that looked the watch wanted one. I've asked another for myself. My father says it is the more beautiful he has had in all his life and, specially, the best to read the time at his 86 years old.

I recomend it. The date window works fine, and you can advance the date with the pusher at left. The only thing I'ask for is that the subdials were also white, not chrome.

I've bought one of this to give as a present to my father. The watch in reality is 300% better than in the photos. I got the white dial, blue numbers and rose gold, and every single person that looked the watch wanted one. I've asked another for myself. My father says it is the more beautiful he has had in all his life and, specially, the best to read the time at his 86 years old.

I recomend it. The date window works fine, and you can advance the date with the pusher at left. The only thing I'ask for is that the subdials were also white, not chrome.

A nice shout but Come on that needs a wrist shot from your old man.

we wait with bated breath :D