When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

cartier santos 100

leeson43

I'm currently on the lookout for a decent watch to wear with a suit and from having a good look around the santos 100 looks like the best bet by a country mile.

i remember a while back there was talk of having a new dial manufactured to effectively build a reasonably priced superrep.....did anything come of this project and/or are there any dealers stocking a fresh generation of the santos with a correct dial.

in a nutshell im after a santos 100 with a gen eta, black leather SS case with a top class dial. any info much appreciated!

I was just on Joshua's site and he has a new "second updated" Cartier Santos 100 with what I believe to be a 1:1 dial; the automatic font is sorted and the "swiss made" is spaced apart correctly. The hands have also been changed to the correct blue, and the strap upgraded.

The movement may or may not be a real ETA though - because the current trend is for copy mov'ts.

I'm happy with mine despite it's flaws - its a great watch. Recommended.

Direct Link:

CARTIER SANTOS 100

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

No, this is the same second attempt at the dial that came out a couple years ago. The pressed pattern is not correct and the numerals are still way off. And, sadly, rocket's dial project did not materialize. DSN couldn't get the job done.

At this time there is no corrected dial. Don't count on one ever being made either. The factories have no interest in making an improved version of the santos 100. They believe there is not enough interest to recover the cost.

I tried to produce a perfect dial but the maker killed the project before completion. I did however end up with 9 prototypes which a few lucky members own but that's it.

The only perk I got out of it was being able to own one of 9 semi super rep santos 100's.

p1000129ji3.jpg

p1000105di8.jpg

by a country mile....i like it. I agree. this was the first watch I really liked and works well casual or professional. its traditional and simple but still masculine, and unique enough to catch the eye in short sleeves. if they were a good frickin rep I'd be on it like white on rice.

by a country mile....i like it. I agree. this was the first watch I really liked and works well casual or professional. its traditional and simple but still masculine, and unique enough to catch the eye in short sleeves. if they were a good frickin rep I'd be on it like white on rice.

To all. The maker I was in touch with is not willing to restart the project and make anymore dials for the santos 100. Thanks to all for your interest.

Rocket754, you gave it a great try! Would you be willing to provide the graphics file of your dial if one of us wanted to try to take the project in a new direction?

Rocket754, you gave it a great try! Would you be willing to provide the graphics file of your dial if one of us wanted to try to take the project in a new direction?

That sounds like a good suggestion, maybe something could be worked out between Rocket754 and another person?

Yes. I would be willing to do that. PM me your email or reach me at rocket754@hotmail.com

@archibald if you are somehow able to get something going with this I'd be in for sure. Come to think of it I think a bunch of people would be.

@rocket thanks for trying to get this going again

Yes. I would be willing to do that. PM me your email or reach me at rocket754@hotmail.com

Great gesture Rocket754 and many thanks,

would be great to see this project do a Lazuras. ;)