When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to buy a gen Speedmaster in Las Vegas

Moppel

Hi folks,

my girlfriend and I will be travelling to Las Vegas in mid June and will be doing a round trip by car for three weeks.

I am thinking of buying her a gen Speedmaster for her 40th birthday to take advantage of the good exchange rate between Dollar and Euro.

Does anybody have a tip for me where to look at? I know there are quite a few watch stores in the different hotels. But I guess they don't have any reasonable prices.

I found some online stores on the Internet where the watches can also be picked up personally. But those are mainly in NYC or LA.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Moppel

Edited by Moppel

Guest carlsbadrolex

There is a pawn shop on every corner... If you dont have issue buying a pre-owned, that is the way to go!

I once bought a gen Rolex from a guy at a black jack table!!! Crazy things happen in Vegas!

If you have to buy new, there is a large Tourneau store in the Caesar's Forum Shops. I have always managed to get them to sell at less than MSRP when I've bought gens there. Never bought one at the black jack table :D , but carlsbad is correct, there are pawn shops everywhere if you want to shop used.

I live in Las Vegas and there is a reputable store here called Tower of Jewels....

They have the largest selection of used watches (Mostly Rolex) in the state....

They might be able to track down a used Omega for you....towerofjewels.com

Their main store is located on Sahara and Maryland Parkway....although they have 5 locations....

The Sahara store number is 702.735.4145....I tried calling them for you but they are already closed for the day....

Other than T of J....you will have to resort to pawn shops and various little jewelry stores that dont really have a reputation....or if you want to buy a new Omega I suggest you visit the Palazzo at the Venetian or as another member has mentioned Caesars Forum Shops....although you might pay a little more for the watch at those types of high end retailers....I believe you will get the best price for new at ben bridge.

NS

Don't go to Tourneau, they are assholes there. Find a smaller shop, you can get a much better deal.

I've actually had good luck there finding helpful salespeople myself but to each his own. No doubt there could be better deals elsewhere, but they are far better than "in hotel" watch shops. I'd follow Nightstroker's advice, since he lives there. I haven't been to T of J, but I now have it on my agenda for the next trip out ... :)

I live in Las Vegas and there is a reputable store here called Tower of Jewels....

They might be able to track down a used Omega for you....towerofjewels.com

Their main store is located on Sahara and Maryland Parkway....although they have 5 locations....

The Sahara store number is 702.735.4145....I tried calling them for you but they are already closed for the day....

Other than T of J....you will have to resort to pawn shops and various little jewelry stores that dont really have a reputation....or if you want to buy a new Omega I suggest you visit the Palazzo at the Venetian or as another member has mentioned Caesars Forum Shops....although you might pay a little more for the watch at those types of high end retailers....I believe you will get the best price for new at ben bridge.

NS

I am in Vegas on business at least every other week, sometimes more. I just stopped in at a Jared store yesterday and they had some Speedmasters in stock. The only one I know of is on the Northwest side of town but since you are doing a round trip by car you might not mind driving. They give the standard discount on Omegas as well. I have spent some time in Tower of Jewels as well and they do have some nice stuff and if you get lucky they may have what you want.

NS

Hi Nightstroker,

thanks a lot for your help. That shop sounds interesting and I will most definitely give them a try to find that watch.

As to the other shops that members here mentioned, I don't think that they have reasonable prices.

I found two other shops off ebay which carry the watches I am looking for. They are both loacated in the LA area, but I don't mind

the drive.

We'll see how it turns out. But in the meantime please feel free to give me more tips :D

Regards

Moppel