When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Foggy 212

I just received my 212 from Richard. Looks great, and it is exactly as described - thanks Richard.

The only problem is that I think it has some humid air trapped inside the watch case. At normal room temperature, the crystal fogs up. When I place the watch next to a warm cup of coffee, the condensation evaporates and the crystal looks clear. I've had the watch sitting next to the warm cup with the crown pulled out, but I'm thinking that might not be enough to allow the humid air to escape.

So, I'll probably remove the case back when I get home and "air it out" for an evening. That should do it, right? So, in the meantime, here's a quick pic of my slightly heated unfogged 212. Nice dial, eh? And, check out those polished pushers!! Now, I just need the engraved crown guard . . . oh, and a europelli baseball strap.

Other observations: the crown and lever move nicely between the open/closed positions. the movement has a nice smooth winding feel, the chrono pushers have a slightly light but positive feel when engaged, all hands snap nicely back to the zero position. Overall, very nice.

74021-31953.jpg

The only time this happend for me was when my watch had direct contact with water. It really shouldn't be so bad you need a paper towel. Perhaps something happened in shipping and it experienced a rapid temp change? Good luck,,,,who knows, could be fine and never happen again.

interesting idea using the silica,,,,,,,,,

last weekend i had the same issue with my 217...i was at the bar...it was full of people and the temp inside was high...i gave a look at my watch...and it was foggy! :o

then after some time...the fog inside the crystal disappeard...then after some time came back...and after some time dissapeard again and when i got home it disappeard again... :g:

i was wearing the watch for the whole week...it works just fine...and the problem didn't came up... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but def...i will take it to the doctor! :lol: