When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen EVO Bracelet

LordRasta

If anyone is looking for a gen bracelet, this is one of the best deals I have seen. I would ask for a pic of the inside of the clasp, but the pins and screws look gen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-GENUINE-BREITLING-...idZp1638Q2em122

Update: The seller said this is the 350A bracelet which is 22/18. The gen evo uses 357A which is 22/20 but any 22mm bracelet will work on the evo.

I wish!

...but then again, I'm completely satisfied with the rep bracelet. I'm not bothered by the English print on the clasp, or that it was manufactured the 53rd week of 2204. The rep straps suck, but they got the second version of this bracelet dead on (considering it's less than 10% of the cost of a gen).

Now if I could steal that S.A. bezel on Sunday.... but then I'd need AR, a Datewheel, and a 24mm Pro II bracelet ...if only I had more money

I've just compared (as best I can) my gen sosf deployment with this and i'd say its genuine.

I compared the thickness of the deployment, text, depth of text and most importantly, where the flip lock on the clasp lines up with the deployment.

On the ebay bracelet, its spot on with my sosf and way off with my rep BCE bracelet.

Again, i'd say this is gen.

I checked Authenticwatches.com for a gen BCE bracelet and even on sale they're $1k.

Nice deal indeed so long as its not just a photo of a gen and a rep/ripoff comes in the mail.

On the ebay bracelet, its spot on with my sosf and way off with my rep BCE bracelet.

Again, i'd say this is gen.

There's no question that the pic on ebay is that of a gen - but I must say - you must have a V1 BCE because I've compared my bracelet to a gen, and the only flaws I could find were the screws, the datestamp (C5304 - wed, 53rd week of 2004), the English on the clasp (and an almost indiscernible difference in the engraving quality), and the embossing on the reverse side of the clasp from the logo punch showing through (yeah, that sounds like a lot know)

But as far as fit, finish, and feel go - it's almost dead on. (I don't own the SOSF, so I can't comment on that, but aside from that one) this as close as it gets. I think the ultimate BCE crosses the line from simply being a "replica" to actually being a "counterfeit" watch.

Actually, on both of my gen breitlings, the stamping shows through on the underside, just not as much as the reps..The rep evo bracelet is damn good...You'd be hard pressed to say that theres anything really wrong on it

Actually, on both of my gen breitlings, the stamping shows through on the underside, just not as much as the reps..The rep evo bracelet is damn good...You'd be hard pressed to say that theres anything really wrong on it

Yeah, the difference is you can see the embossing on the rep from a mile away.

By the way, I can't believe you got - then got rid of - the Blackbird. One of my all time favourite watches. How does it feel, moneybags! :p

Sorry im a little confused.

you must have a V1 BCE because I've compared my bracelet to a gen, and the only flaws I could find were the screws, the datestamp (C5304 - wed, 53rd week of 2004), the English on the clasp

The BCE I purchased is an ultimate V2 (afaik) from ajoesmith, a trusted member. I dont have any doubt that this bracelet is from a V2. My BCE is graphite with graphite subdials which is a later edition of the graphite BCE (initial versions had black subdials). My deployment clasp on the rep BCE bracelet is in english. The bracelet has screws, not pins and the text while nowhere near a good as my gen SOSF deployment, is still good even if in english not swiss like my gen deployment.

The main tells between rep and gen from what I can see as stated earlier are the thickness of the rep deployment vs the gen deployment and where the clasp lines up to the deployment is different on the rep. I'd probably have to take pictures to explain further.

The difference between the gen and rep bracelet is the screws and pin heads for the bracelet are flat and flush on the gen and rounded on the rep. Also on the gen, the stamp on the clasp shows a little (very very little) on the underside where on the rep you can see the entire stamp pattern. Considering the complexity of this bracelet, the rep is very impressive but any gen breitling owner could tell based on the screws.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few friends who all own a couple breitlings. They don't notice very little things like that. I think the only person who could point that out is a person in this hobby or someone who buys in the second/after market. But agreed - Very awesome copy and I doubt you'd ever get called out on the screws on your bracelet.

Considering the complexity of this bracelet, the rep is very impressive but any gen breitling owner could tell based on the screws.