When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Suspicious PO on Timezone Sales Corner?

chrgod

This looks a bit odd.. A 45mm PO without papers and the typical low-set pearl.

PLANETOCEAN002.jpg

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...83943&rid=0

I sent an email to the seller, where I informed about my doubts about the watch. He seemed honest and surprised. ( Had traded a nice Doxa for this). He has had the watch opened by a jeweller after he bought it, and says it had a silver movement with OMEGA and some numbers on the rotor.. I wonder, do any of the PO replicas come with siver movement and decorated rotor? I know that some of the chronos have a nicely decorated rotor, but I have not seen this on the PO?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Its hard to say... that is one of the worst pictures Ive ever seen on TZ.

The dial appears to be gen as stated above... But then again, my rep has a gen dial also... So thats not a tell.

Guest porsche356a

With the flash on, and a similar angle, I was able to recreate this pic with similar obscurity. The watch is Genuine. We can alwys request for the ser. nums. :p

Guest porsche356a
I don't see anything on that watch that looks genuine. The hour markers are too pointy, the 3,6,9,12 markers are too short, and the logo is hidden. The also pearl appears to be sitting too low.

I think you may be right about the markers. Heres my best interpretation. All gen parts used for the bottom pic. :p What do you think?

PLANETOCEAN002.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Interesting.. From the picture comparison the bezel numbers look ok, and the angle makes the pearl seems a bit low. The dials are different, though.

I actually provided the seller with the last digits of the serial number from my rep, but did not receive any response to whether it was the same as on his.

Anyway, I am not after buying this.