When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who won the Gen Pic Shootout?

UncleJay

he deserved to be banned...

don't understand why people have to post pics of reps on gen forums...why they feel the need to go to the AD with the rep on their wrist...

I know that a lot of people are aware of the existance of the reps and forums, but let's keep this hobby as much as "invisible" as we can...

let's enjoy between us all the nice modded reps and not to try to receive confirmation of their "being look alike" gen from the other watch afficionados...

Is he banned? Has this anything to do with me 'calling out' his 'gen' 000 that he started off the competion with? I know that he tried to bluster his way out of it but what happened next?

He did the same on Risti, thats what he did next - or before <_<

Then showed up at a Risti GTG with his 009 and tried to do the same thing

Such a bleeding idiot. The 'Ristis really don't have any sense of humour and have low tolerance levels where fakes are involved. Rolex will take legal action but the Rollie collectors simply ignore fakes. I haven't ever heard of Panerai taking any legal action but with such a rabid bunch of fanatics declaring jihad on rep owners they don't need to bother.

Let me explain it to you then Iceberg....

Taunting a genuine collector group or AD by trying to pass off a rep as genuine only draws unnecessary attention to our little group -

Let's not forget, replicas are illegal to sell in most of the world...

In this case, we were actually notified by the genuine collector site that they had reported asad to Panerai legal...

again, exposure we don't need.

capice' ;)

Yes, as I understand it, he posted his modded rep Zero as gen, just as he did here until PAMman called him on the funky shape of the "R"s.

One of the admins from 'Risti.com emailed some of the staff here, and at RG and let them know the 'Ristis were displeased and had notified Panerai.

This didn't have anything to do with his homages, IMO. It had to do with passing off the Zero and his 009 as gens, nothing else.

Yes, as I understand it, he posted his modded rep Zero as gen, just as he did here until PAMman called him on the funky shape of the "R"s.

One of the admins from 'Risti.com emailed some of the staff here, and at RG and let them know the 'Ristis were displeased and had notified Panerai.

This didn't have anything to do with his homages, IMO. It had to do with passing off the Zero and his 009 as gens, nothing else.

Just out of interest, did any of the 'Risti spot his reps prior to him posting them here and getting called out? Maybe they didn't notice until some of them were also here and spotted the same photos and went back to take another look. We all know that there are a significant number on these rep forums who are also active 'Ristis but that doesn't mean that dual membership should result in pushing reps in front of people who are easily offended by them. Some really dire reps can annoy me, even on this forum, particularly when they being touted as being 'special', so I can understand the reaction from the 'Risti board.

I have no idea, PAMman. All I saw was a quote from an email to one of the staff at RG that was posted in the Admin forum on RWI. It didn't contain any details of how/why he was figured out. I'm sure using the exact same username on the rep forums as on the gen forums didn't help. :rolleyes:

he had the same username on 'risti...you can go over there and look for his posts...the pics are no longer uploaded...but the posts are still there...

He posted pics of his fake 000 on Paneristi, together with a c*ck and bull story of how he bought it, probably to cover his ass if he was rumbled, but no-one spotted it at all. However, loads of posts congratulating him on his great catch. Hardly surprising that they got mad when they realised that they had been duped. I can't understand why he tried to pull the same stunt here. When he first posted his 'gen' to start the competition he described it as a 'teaser' so I thought that he expected to be 'called out' straight away. It was only when he declared the competition over and said that he was going to weed out the fakes that I thought that he was going too far. Then he had the brass neck to argue that it was real and that an AD had authenticated it.

Edited by PAMman

What, how could he be so stupid having spent time here, did he read nothing, he obviosly learnt nothing, is this the sort of person that would rob the bank he had just deposited his life savings in, in his real name?

What, how could he be so stupid having spent time here, did he read nothing, he obviosly learnt nothing, is this the sort of person that would rob the bank he had just deposited his life savings in, in his real name?

I know someone who, together with an accomplice as bright as himself, took a day off work and made a 2 hour train journey to rob a bank in Dublin. After successfully robbing the bank they dashed outside, hailed a taxi to take them back to the station and (according to the taxi-driver who gave evidence at their trial) paid the taxi-driver with a large banknote and told him to keep the change. When he thanked them for their generosity and wished them 'Good Luck' they said, 'Thanks, we'll need it.' Needless to say they didn't complete their train journey home before being arrested and taken from the train en-route. Maybe Asad's his brother??