When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Big Bang King!

giorgio

I'm sorry about this topic guys - apparently I'm doing something here so it's going to get locked down and deleted. I apologize to Longshot (since apparently I took a "slap" at him? even though he's the one calling me names), and to robj, since sarcasm is now forbidden in this forum. Thanks for bringing this to my attention TwoTone. I would not have realized I was doing anything wrong, had you not been so swift as to inform me. Now you can lock it down and delete it, as you wanted to all along. Good day to all.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... since you insist on being a tool here you go:

Thanks to longshot for giving us even more examples of watches with 7750's and seconds at 9:00 complications - he even through in a Ferrari CHRONOGRAPH for good measure.

Also, thanks for calling me a tool - you showed us who the man is, eh?!?!!!!!

I'm sorry about this topic guys - apparently I'm doing something here so it's going to get locked down and deleted. I apologize to Longshot (since apparently I took a "slap" at him?), and to robj, since sarcasm is now forbidden in this forum. Thanks for bringing this to my attention TwoTone. I would not have realized I was doing anything wrong, had you not been so swift as to inform me. Now you can lock it down and delete it, as you wanted to all along. Good day to all.

@Gio

I don't need your permission to lock or delete a damn thing...

The Topic is a good one...

And will continue...

Your attitude and sarcasm however won't...

TT

No need to lock down this thread, a discussion can still be salvaged :p

What some of you are not seeing, is that this is a standard center seconds watch, with solid case back. It is not seconds at 9, or using a display back. There really is no need for a 7750 to be used in this watch, no?

Unless as mentioned it is for the date window, but I don't see why that should be the case....

The center seconds hand of this watch will skip and jump all over the place, just like the Chopard with a modified 7750 movement did....

Cheers! :D

P.s. Thanks to longshot for giving us even more examples of watches with 7750's and seconds at 9:00 - he even through in a Ferrari CHRONOGRAPH for good measure.

Also, thanks for calling me a tool - you showed us who the man is, eh?!?!!!!!

gee, i cut and pasted one link wrong. do i need to post a link to the non-chrono ferrari with the 7750 for you?

personally i don't think the mods should lock this thread. it's much more fun to keep it open so you can continue to show the lovely combination of petulant and uninformed that you have exhibited so far...

Any watch with seconds at 9 (or 3, just invert the dial and the crown is on the other side) requires a movement that can do this, usually the ETA 7750 or 7753 or the Asian copy for automatics, and ETA 6497/8 (or Asian copy) for handwinds.

For the automatics, when an ETA 775x (or copy) is used, the chrono functions are unused, and those parts can be removed from the movement, giving a more reliable Asian 7750 for one thing. Using the 7750 with seconds as standard (eg. ETA 2836) means having the chrono seconds counter running constantly. What is the point of this when the cheaper ETA 2824, or 2826 (or Asian copy) is designed to do this already?

The date on this 48mm watch will be closer towards the centre in any case due to the watch diameter, so I don't think that's the reasoning behind it.

I agree with the questions about the need for a decorated rotor, the movement specified and the "white gold".. and I can only come to the same conclusions as the original poster.

gee, i cut and pasted one link wrong. do i need to post a link to the non-chrono ferrari with the 7750 for you?

personally i don't think the mods should lock this thread. it's much more fun to keep it open so you can continue to show the lovely combination of petulant and uninformed that you have exhibited so far...

Actually you are the one uninformed, or missing the entire point ;)

All the watches you linked to are using the 7750 for a reason. Seconds at 9 will need a 7750 for that.... Display back could need a 7750 to recreate the genuine watches movement (Although there is a cheaper Chopard avalable that does not use a 7750)

So I think you may want to read some of the other posts in this thread, not just giorgio's :D

Cheers! B)

all the ones you mention have either seconds @9 or a see-through caseback...!

Hehe crazy and true! :lol:

longshot you should really backtrack with your posts I feel. giorgio may be overly sarcastic, but he has a good point, one you completely missed it seems. So calling him a tool was out of line really....

I am with giorgio and Chronus with this one. Why is it using a 7750? It will only give the watch a jerky seconds hand, nothing else....

Some good points made here by everyone. I'm curious to see that the finished BB King is going to end up looking like. This it was posted as a prototype so I'm sure it's a bit rough. Have waited for a King to be releshed for a while. Will be curious to see what the pricing ends up being on this one.

The BB King (!) loses some of the feeling of being an AP copy as the "screws" are only part of (what I assume is) a rotating bezel... good thing in my opinion!

Actually you are the one uninformed, or missing the entire point ;)

All the watches you linked to are using the 7750 for a reason. Seconds at 9 will need a 7750 for that.... Display back could need a 7750 to recreate the genuine watches movement (Although there is a cheaper Chopard avalable that does not use a 7750)

So I think you may want to read some of the other posts in this thread, not just giorgio's :D

Cheers! B)

ok, here is giorgio's post that i specifically replied to:

I'm generally discussing replicas in a replica general discussion forum. I don't care who's in bed with whom. I did not say anything wrong, or make any offensive comments in this thread, so if you're not interested in discussing this watch then don't post here. As for "a lot of non-chrono reps" I'd love to hear about all the non-complicated reps that use 7750, 'cause that's news to me.

i don't see anything there about display backs, or seconds at 9:00, or the need for a 7750?

do you?

others may have posted while i was posting, or sitting outside having coffee. but generally when you include a quote in a post that is what you are (IMHO) responding too.

i have been collecting watches for over ten years. if i ever made a blanket statement that was completely wrong my response when corrected would be "wow, didn't know that. thanks!". not petulant, childish, posturing...

Friends who returned from Baselworld indicated that the 'King' will have a modified 7750 movement inside, so the date location is probably the issue here. AS for the engraved rotor- who knows.

The other interesting thing is that they were told that by the end of 2009, Hublot will have completed an in house manufacture movement with multiple modules for chronos, gmt, power reserve, etc... Look for an announcement of a GMT King near the end of 2008, to be shown at the Basel fair in 2009.

One last point, if you don't like a watch, that's your thing- but why bait other members here with your commentary, when it is clear that there are so many folks here who like the BB? I like this place, let's not dirty it up.

-O

looks ok but really nothing special. I dont understand the 7750 either I tried out som 4813 movements and they are pretty smooth and probably 1000x more reliable then a 7750. I do own a couple of non-chrono pams with the 7750 and they are not as bad as the chronos but they just feel so damn fragile even just winding them.

One last point, if you don't like a watch, that's your thing- but why bait other members here with your commentary, when it is clear that there are so many folks here who like the BB? I like this place, let's not dirty it up.

@O

Exactly... ;)

TT

i don't see anything there about display backs, or seconds at 9:00, or the need for a 7750?

do you?

Actually I do, the "non-complicated" part of his post covers it for me. I knew exactly what he meant by that statement B)

Also in his post:

I'm generally discussing replicas in a replica general discussion forum. I don't care who's in bed with whom. I did not say anything wrong, or make any offensive comments in this thread, so if you're not interested in discussing this watch then don't post here. As for "a lot of non-chrono reps" I'd love to hear about all the non-complicated reps that use 7750, 'cause that's news to me.

I see no name calling or insults, yet you are the one that called him a tool? :p

I am not defending his in your face sarcastic attitude, but I, and others here in this thread, got the point he was making 100% OK, without any problems.

As for the watch, I am still trying to figure out why it needs a 7750 as the OP is probably trying to do...

The white gold plating and the 7750 use will most likely make this an expensive replica. When it could be made just as accurate, with a movement more suited to the task (See jerky second hand post) and in plain SS.

I think that is a valid point, $350 upwards for this watch, when $200 upwards is easily doable, with a smoother seconds hand....

At least that is what I think, for what it is worth B)

mickey

i called him a tool:

because his first posts (pre edit) were out of line.

because when a mod called him on it he was sarcastic.

because when the same mod called him on it again, he accused the mod of being in bed with the dealer and not being impartial.

because he did not bother to do 30 seconds of work with the search engine before claiming i was wrong about there being lots of non-chrono 7750 reps.

and he continued that same behavior after my post.

defend his behavior if you wish. personally i think the mods here work too hard and do too good a job to put up with any juvenile crap B)

@MP

Let it go...

TT

Erm, I am unable to post about this watch now? :cc_confused:

Well can I at least add that the movement is listed as: Hublot HUB21 calibre

It has 23 jewels, and the same power reserve as a 7750, at 42 hours.

So it probably is a 7750 hack job in the genuine too! :lol: How Hublot can keep a straight face when charging up to $30,000 for this type of watch is beyond me! :bangin:

Erm, I am unable to post about this watch now? :cc_confused:

Well can I at least add that the movement is listed as: Hublot HUB21 calibre

It has 23 jewels, and the same power reserve as a 7750, at 42 hours.

So it probably is a 7750 hack job in the genuine too! :lol: How Hublot can keep a straight face when charging up to $30,000 for this type of watch is beyond me! :bangin:

Marketing.