When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The "Newer" PAM 89 from DSN

sanro

I notice that Davidsen has posted on April 25th his "NEW" 89 GMT... He seems to have solved the skinny minutes hand and the backcase numbers problem...

Is it now "perfect" or has he messed up with something else I am not able to notice? I feel tempted... ;)

Overall it's a very good rep, but I still see a few flaws:

1 - Blue dial tone, instead of anthracite. Is it just the pics? Else, this is the only evident flaw.

2- (Minor). Hour hand still not 100%. Lumed part a little too long.

3- (Very minor). Numbers and indices a little too spaced from the outer border of the dial.

4 - (Very minor). Caseback's domed border a little too thin, and OP/BB/serial a little too small.

Still, a 99% caseback, and a 99% rep if the dial color is near correct.

and the backcase numbers problem...

What was the problem with the caseback numbers, mate?

EDIT & P.S.: The date does not show clearly in DSN pics...

mmm...the first version did not have any serial numbers at all...

I hadn't noticed about the dial: I think I just assumed it HAD to be anthracite, but on a second look it seems pretty obvious it isn't. That, or DSN is a lousy photographer (like me!! :D )

I've been looking for a Pam since before I joined RWG, I still cant understand why they can rep pretty much 1-1 on complicated pieces but on IMO a more basic Pam theres still so much wrong with them.

I've been looking at DSN's for a while as he's supposed to be one of the main men for Pam's but it always seem to be close but no cigar. For the kind of prices there going for I just dont think there value for money when you can pick up a cheaper one with the same kind of issues.

My search for a 111G continues :brow:

Mike