When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where Can I Buy The Most Close Submariner-rep??

artoero

Hello guys

Does anybody know where I can buy the most close rolex sub?

Thanks

arthur

After considerable debate, this is the one I have decided on

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...showtopic=22668

The MWB LV is $350 delivered (although Luckyyy only takes WU transfers which will cost you $25 in addition) and has the best crown of any Ultimate LV or Ultimate standard Submariner rep I've seen. Josh's LV ultimate has a much more accurate dial (when you get into the minute differences between these reps and the genuine) but when you put the crowns side by side, it's like man vs boy. The flutes in the MBW are deep and crisp and the trademark crown is the correct proportion and well relieved. The crown on the Ultimate, (which BTW costs about $100 more but includes pre delivery servicing and adjustment as well as Josh's reputation and availability, and delivery, and return policy etc....) looks like it's been riding on it's rims for a few miles. Neither has an accurate pearl, the MBW is too domed and the Ultimate is flat and neither appears to get the color right but photographic nuances with this color green are pretty deceptive. What I'm hoping for is that the MBW is supposed to have a better feel. It is suposedly made from 440 grade stainless where the Ultimate is 316 grade. The bezel click number and sound on the MBW bezel are supposed to be superior and very close to the original. We'll see. I have nothing to go on here except for some RWG input, and photos. I have never dealt with Luckyyy and I understand him to be something of a tempermental artist so I'm taking a bit of a leap here. Joshua has been nothing short of "The Ultimate" in my dealings with him so far and I may end up endorsing his LV eventually but, for now, I'm going to take the MBW plunge. I figure if the dial and pearl inaccuracies bother me too much, but the case and bracelet are first rate, I can always swap out the bezel for a high grade generic and put a good aftermarket or perhaps genuine dial on it eventually.

As you can see from the crown comparison photo's, Josh's crown guards are modified a little too thin as well. The MBW is closest to the original in this regard too.

post-1679-1151071277_thumb.jpg

Edited by crystalcranium

The crown is the first thing I spot on a R*l*x rep from 50 yards away, it's always blaring out "I'm a fake, I'm a fake" it's so damn obvious.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... :bleh:

It seems the TW has a similar crown compared to the MBW and has the exact same case....as much as I love MBW...I think a modded TW classic is the best bang for your buck...since the key factor of MBW marketing is that they are handpicked, etc. ...yet after modding many of the aspects that need to be hand picked dont exist.

and yes George is dependable and very knowledgeable....but he is not a Pimp Daddy like Eddie Lee!!!!! lol

If I were to buy a modern sub today it would be the TW Best Classic

Wow, thats good to hear, I have one on order from Eddie Lee and am expecting it soon :)

I researched, asked a few people here (thank you!) and after a day or so of thinking went with the TW Best Classic.

Next thing is to try to find a nice Panerai, but Im afraid to start looking for one, with all the time and effort I put into picking out my Sub Id need a few more weeks to look for a good 111H or one of the other 10,000 Panerai models out there... :unsure:

But yeah to the original poster I went with the TW Classic from Eddie Lee. If I felt like spending $100 more I would have gone with the MBW. $70 less, and Id have gone with the Andrew Trusty Watch Guy sub...

Edited by sonystyle

Be sure to post pics!

The panerai are relatively easy to pick out; not so much difference between the models. I have eddies and love the little bugger to death.

One tip on the 111h: they will probably be upgrading the movement in those with a functioning swan neck soon, as they did to the movement in the 127, etc this month. If I were you I would enjoy the submariner a month or two, rest on your laurels, and snag the 111h on the next update.

Wow, thats good to hear, I have one on order from Eddie Lee and am expecting it soon :)

I researched, asked a few people here (thank you!) and after a day or so of thinking went with the TW Best Classic.

Next thing is to try to find a nice Panerai, but Im afraid to start looking for one, with all the time and effort I put into picking out my Sub Id need a few more weeks to look for a good 111H or one of the other 10,000 Panerai models out there... :unsure:

But yeah to the original poster I went with the TW Classic from Eddie Lee. If I felt like spending $100 more I would have gone with the MBW. $70 less, and Id have gone with the Andrew Trusty Watch Guy sub...

You'll be very happy with your sub, but I def. need to see them pic's b/c I wish to compare my older TW to your new TW Classic.

Btw, I am in the process of modding my TW Classic and took some pic's to show. On mine, I removed the bracelet to polish the case correctly, remove tool marks or scratch marks from where-ever they came from, soften the edges, polish the sides. The bezel was not rotating properly, so I was tipped to remove the bezel to clean the crud. I did and decided to polish the bezel while it was off.

Since it was all apart anyways, I decided to order a new insert (swiss) for 17 bucks shipped from a company the guys on here recommended. Just waiting for it to come in and install. Hopefully it'll drop in. It's only a question of if the thickness of the OEM and the rep are the same, as the O/D and I/D appear same as genuine.

I'll keep you posted on my progress, as you may wish to do the same easy mods.

Now, if someone would drill out my case for me....:)