When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

will a gen t19 superdome fit a 5517 without much monkeying around?

kin tama

hello,

thank you for the reply ...it is a silix 5517 with the eta movement ...i was hoping to put a more domed crystal on it ..has anyone else modded this particular watch..im guessing the other mod threads regarding this rep are mbws ...i have ordered a set of hands from bill yao...perhaps that will help things a bit.....sincerely,

kin tama

hi predfan,

that is indeed great news..thank you for taking the time to post the photo..i love the superdome look ..its very utilitarian which suits the watch (im assuming your watches are like my silix version)..i ordered a tropic 19 from helfland and i contacted clark who says the superdomes should be ready in about 30 days....now to figure out how to make the "circle t " fatter .....have a great weekend,

kin tama

i put a clarks t19 on my 5514 comex and it fit perfect. the retainer ring wasnt quite as tight but i used a little crystal cement to make sure everything stays in place. I wouldnt go swimming with it but its not gunna fall off. Swapping the crystal made a HUGE difference in appearance.