When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB : comparison shots Version1 vs Version2

Pix

I'd like to add something I have noticed by looking more in detail at the rotor engraving : it sure looks more genuine, but I find that the quality of this engraving could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed on that, because it looks not 100% neat.

As it's anyway half hidden by the caseback, that might be an other detail. But I felt the information was necessary, to be honest and complete on this comparison.

I'd like to add something I have noticed by looking more in detail at the rotor engraving : it sure looks more genuine, but I find that the quality of this engraving could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed on that, because it looks not 100% neat.

As it's anyway half hidden by the caseback, that might be an other detail. But I felt the information was necessary, to be honest and complete on this comparison.

I noticed that too, but not all of them have that flaw, some are very cripsly cut. Have you thought about removing the paint and then maybe, re-apply it, but a bit neater? Might improve it a tad at least B)

I noticed that too, but not all of them have that flaw, some are very cripsly cut. Have you thought about removing the paint and then maybe, re-apply it, but a bit neater? Might improve it a tad at least B)

That is a good idea indeed. But I'm not sure if it's paint or the black from a laser marking. No idea.

Besides, that watch is not for me, so I won't take any risk. ^_^

First post edited on 7th May.

Evildee informs us that the rehault is wrong against the gen. It should be gold, whereas here we have a silver one. Although my intention was not to compare to the gen but to the V1, I think that this point is important enough to be mentionned, and not to mislead anyone.

First post edited on 7th May.

Evildee informs us that the rehault is wrong against the gen. It should be gold, whereas here we have a silver one. Although my intention was not to compare to the gen but to the V1, I think that this point is important enough to be mentionned, and not to mislead anyone.

What is a rehault? I searched Wikipedia and Google but no results for it. Can you tell I'm a n00b yet? ;)

I'm really seriously considering buying this watch. To me it looks great but you experts can probably spot some big differences.

This one

16dialv2yw7yl0.jpg

Although that was not the first purpose of this review, here are other differences with the gen, regarding the V2 (the V1 has some also) :

(describing what's different on the V2)

- blued screws (although not all it seems)

- datewheel font too bold (but too thin on the V1)

- black rotor screw (although I saw this on some gens too)

- Limited Edition engraving

- different texture on the dial

- missing "matter" engraving : Hublot is writing Gold, carbon, Ceramic, Titanium etc...

amongst others.

But this remains a great rep.

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently been told by a member that the 700 USD versions are maybe an other version (V3 ??). I can't confirm this because I never had this in my hands. If it is more accurate than the V1 (RG rehault), it seems it has a screw-down crown. So definitely not like the V1.

I will try to have this sorted out from the pictures on the various webstores and hopefully clarify the situation by confirming that we probably have 3 and not 2 versions.