When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Daytona came in this week.

robertb

Got this after seeing Lanikai's wrist shot. Ordered it from Josh and he was a pleasure to deal with, shipped quick and even custom configured a SS DJ for my wife. At first I thought the black arabic numbers would be strange but it's faithful to the gen and looks fantastic in person. This one has nicer engraved script on the rehaut compared to the matte black version. Everything works as it should and it feels great on the wrist.

2008MayWatchesSubClose.jpg

Got this after seeing Lanikai's wrist shot. Ordered it from Josh and he was a pleasure to deal with, shipped quick and even custom configured a SS DJ for my wife. At first I thought the black arabic numbers would be strange but it's faithful to the gen and looks fantastic in person. This one has nicer engraved script on the rehaut compared to the matte black version. Everything works as it should and it feels great on the wrist.

2008MayWatchesSubClose.jpg

This is a incredible image Rob.... !!!!! everything is perfect.. edit add: not being a Rolex expert ,.. I'm talking about the pic quality of course :p

Live strong and wear it Well... now how's about the black dial as it's twin...??? B)

That is a really amazing watch. Of course, the question is, will it run in 1 month? 3 months?

Except for a non-secs at 6 problem that occurred 1 week after I received it (which the seller's watchmaker repaired), mine has been keeping near COSC time for almost 2 years

116509marshall0091.jpg

I have to figure out how to correct those hideous 3/6/9 lume markers though.

Except for a non-secs at 6 problem that occurred 1 week after I received it (which the seller's watchmaker repaired), mine has been keeping near COSC time for almost 2 years

116509marshall0091.jpg

I have to figure out how to correct those hideous 3/6/9 lume markers though.

thanks .. F333 that's good to know.. the maker did quite a good job with the seconds @6 ... i was thinking the same about the lume markers.. if not for those... well such is life..

a lot of talk about the black dial being off.. but I fancy that one also.. mmmm

i was thinking the same about the lume markers.. if not for those... well such is life..

Yes, they always screw something obvious up on every dial. In this case, it is not because they are unable to make or get the correct markers, because the index markers that came on the 1st version of this model (the 1st version had unpainted metal around the index markers) were perfect. But, unfortunately, the subdial markers were 'off' on that version. It bears repeating -- They always screw something obvious up on every dial...........

This is my favorite modern Daytona, so elegant and luminous.

I just wish I had the courage to try the secs @ 6.

Enjoy your watch!