When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

tourby on eBay

tag

Hi,

It may have already been discussed but I could not find traces of it.

Tourby is selling watches through eBay under the alias tourby_watches...

See how he is advertising the chinese stuff he is selling !!

"I am a small watch manufacturer from Germany and build bespoke timepieces

Unique GERMAN MADE customized pilot

Some more:

"I see here so many movements are advertised as ETA movements, but they are all fake movements. Some are also with ETA stamp but also fake movements (fake stamp). Unitas movements on all Panerai Replica watches or Marina Militare Models are all made in ASIA and not genuine ETA movements... EXCEPTIONLESS. The blue screws are only blue color, the swan neck is non- functional and the quality is poor. Genuine ETA movements are OUT OF SALE and no longer available for public. Prices for genuine SWISS MADE ETA movements rised up 50% or 250% in few months depending on model. And genuine ETA movements comes from SWITZERLAND and not from asian sellers. All this advertised ETA movements here (also with swan neck) costs $15-$20 in production and comes from asia. Here you have the possibiltie to buy a genuine SWISS MADE ETA movement directly from GERMANY and probably the last chance before ETA stop the sale in 2009. This movement will be invaluable in few years"

and:

"ALL CUSTOMERS FROM GERMANY OR EUROPEAN UNION (EU) WILL PAY ADDITIONAL 19% TAXES. EBAY PRICE IS NETT PRICE WITHOUT TAXES AND ONLY FOR NON-EUROPEAN BUYERS. EUROPEAN BUYERS WILL PAY EBAY PRICE + 19% TAXES.

ALL INTERNATIONAL BUYER OUTSIDE OF EU WON`T PAY DUTIES/TAXES - TAX/DUTY FREE"

!!!!!!!!!

I bought several items from Tourby. He never lied or tried to scam me he's in fact very honest to tell me if it's a genuine swiss ETA or Swines.

I know for 100% sure that the watches he's selling on Ebay ( that if have seen ) have 100% genuine swiss ETA Unitas movements in it.

I do agree with you that the genuine swiss ETA movements are getting more expensive every day.

Carpe Diem

Cats

See how he is advertising the chinese stuff he is selling !!

He's selling Chinese as Swiss? I very much doubt it.

Also, his tax comment is true. In the EU, you have to add VAT to everything at the point of sale. For selling abroad, it's the buyer's responsibility to pay duty.

I visited the tourbywatches website and I was just wondering whether I saw a Maurice Lacroix movement in a watch? There is the classic collection section and under 18k solid gold there is a watch called Tourby Celestial. It says "Maurice Lacroix" on the movement if I

Edited by _brian_

Swiss movements, many engraved by Benzinger, german made cases, etc. Not the most elegant brand name I've ever seen, there's no scam and no chinese parts I can see. In fact T's prices are excellent for what you get.

Since you have made patently false claims that may affect another member's legitimate non-RWG business, you should edit or remove your posts, if not in the spirit of fairmindedness at least to avoid looking like a fool and a d ick.

Swiss movements, many engraved by Benzinger, german made cases, etc. Not the most elegant brand name I've ever seen, there's no scam and no chinese parts I can see. In fact T's prices are excellent for what you get.

Since you have made patently false claims that may affect another member's legitimate non-RWG business, you should edit or remove your posts, if not in the spirit of fairmindedness at least to avoid looking like a fool and a d ick.

cmon arch, no need to get personal. if what he thought was true, was true it would be good to bring up. But, now that folks have taken a look, he should just correct the mistake

He's a highly respected member here and I can't see any evidence at all in your claims. Also I hardly think this is the correct way of doing things if you insist on making an issue out of it, which is your right.

I'd be very very interested to see what Touby's got to say about this as it's essentially slander and deformation of character. I think he'd have every right to sue this guy if he wanted, for those things and potential loss of business arising from baseless claims. I'm no lawyer, but it seems pretty clear.

I would retract immediatley and think twice before you post these kind of things - or show us some concrete evidence. I don't think you'll be able to.

just looked at Ts auctions ... and had a lot of fun :D

a lot of BS - but what the hell - he wants to sell watches .... :lol:

but this 19 % extra would serious [censored] me off - that's not common in German egay :whistling:

cheers,

Frank

Het Tag,

What kind a problem do you have with Tourby?

Everybodies know that he is a decent and reliable guy.....

How can you dare to blame him with these crappy things......

I thing you have other issues with him......

I wonder what will do the mods do on this subject...

Cause you are throwing a dirt to his reputation and honour!!!!!!!!