When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Department of Homeland Security

Nanuq

Guest carlsbadrolex

I LOVE POLAR BEARS... THERE I SAID IT!!! I am the guy that buys a yearly pass to the San Diego Zoo so that I can use my sons as an excuse to spend half the day at the Polar Bear Plunge!

This male was simply playing hard to get... several photos in the series later he is seen humping the air out of the planes tires in hope that the female on the rudder will fall madly in love with him!

I LOVE POLAR BEARS... THERE I SAID IT!!! I am the guy that buys a yearly pass to the San Diego Zoo so that I can use my sons as an excuse to spend half the day at the Polar Bear Plunge!

This male was simply playing hard to get... several photos in the series later he is seen humping the air out of the planes tires in hope that the female on the rudder will fall madly in love with him!

That makes two of us :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Okay, so I don't have a pass to SD Zoo to check out the Polar Bears, but, when I was younger, every year, I'd go to Chessington Zoo with my parents (back when it was Chessington Zoo, before it became Chessington World of Adventures) and my favorite part was always the Polar Bears :victory: They're my second favorite animal. Second only, to the Wooly Mammoth. They are just FTW in my book :lol: Being extinct however, the Polar Bear is technically more a 'joint first' rather than second ;)

I'll tell you, it's an adventure living here. I've been 5feet from polar bears "safe" inside my truck, and just dumb enough not to know the steel doors would do no more than slow him down slightly if he decided he wanted in.

"Nature, red in tooth and claw" somehow spares the ignorant among us (me) but Mother Nature is one mean b!tch if you go out there all cocky or arrogant. Many people here just ... cease to exist and nothing is ever found of them.

I wouldn't trade it for the world.

@Rya, it's the old uneasy tension, or balance, between personal security and personal freedom. We're very "free" here and are consequently very exposed to whatever dangers we choose to confront.

Yes indeed, ...umm...Nanuq.

@Rya, it's the old uneasy tension, or balance, between personal security and personal freedom. We're very "free" here and are consequently very exposed to whatever dangers we choose to confront.

More zeriously, well said, and of course: no problem at all with that idea. You could push it even further with the hypothesis that a certain percentage of these people were unconsciously driven by that very objective and destiny in the first place (or should we say the last): to simply disappear.