When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen or not?

freddy333

Guest carlsbadrolex

Understanding that there are several versions of this dial it is REALLY difficult. I would note a few things. The SUBMARINER 2000 is considerably smaller on the dial in question. It also does not line up with the text above and below the same.

The rating text and everything below it seems to be aligned properly. It is very obviously either a repaired dial or a re-dial. Look at the discoloration around the lume.

PS: I will give you $10 for it and the obviously cheap movement underneath it! ;)

Guest carlsbadrolex

$15 I will send it how ever you prefer AND I will email you a pre-paid Fedex shipping label.

If the guy from Alaska wants to play this game, I will play ALL DAY LONG...

PLEASE more bear pics???

Well technically Alaska is part of the continent... :whistling:

Sensing the potential for a windfall of profit made me light headed & I guess I forgot who I was or where I am??????? :Jumpy:

Back on topic -- Dowling or someone had pictures in their book of a Sub dial that had been relumed by the London RSC & the area around the markers looked a bit like the dial in my 1st picture, where some of the material migrated into a 'pool' around the marker. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to locate those pictures, but if anyone knows what I am referring to, what do you think about the dial in the 1st picture in that case?

Update -- I just found 1

relumed5513.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

Well, once again it appears I am wrong (second time this year)...

There are 5 versions of the DRSD that I could find pics of.

The alignment issued I thought existed are actually a non-issue. I still think it has been touched up, relumed or a redial. But alignment seems correct for a Version I.

post-7311-1210189748_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210189759_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210189771_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210189785_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1210189795_thumb.jpg

:g: A guy who is willing to pay $20 might be willing to pay $25.........

Pfffffffft. He might also sic his pet nanuq on you too. :p

Hey I've seen those circular shiny areas like you pointed out on other dials... they all proved to be redials or poor copies. I've never seen a gen dial like that, and none of mine have it.

dial1.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

Regardless of its history, the dial is a rare find and I would gladly add it to my collection.

Congrats and keep us posted!

T