When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My humble collection

gavidoc

Haven't been into reps for very long but thought I'd show what I've got. Not much and not the uber mods that most of you have. :) I'm still fairly new to this stuff but here goes.

Up first is the one I've had the longest. Got it on Ebay back in Aug. of last year. It's got the best movement I've had so far. Only one stamped with the ETA markings so I think it's one of those hybrids. The simple mods I did to it were the removal of california and the L's on the dial, removal of the panerai logo on the crown and the replacement of the caseback with a thicker solid caseback with no marks. So now it's completely sterile. Lume is pretty good and it glows all night.

3646-01.jpg

The next one was my 2nd rep. It's a 104 I got off of Ioffer back in Jan. Dial isn't correct but it works really well. Magnification sucks too but I like it. Has really good lume and glows all night. I'm thinking about putting this into the Mini-Fiddy (if I can) that is further down. I had picked up a real crown for it but the ditch on the rep crown (where the lever goes) isn't as deep as the real deal so the lever won't work. So I'll save the crown for a different project.

104-01.jpg

Third up is the one I've really wanted. It's a hybrid of two watches. I love the 6154 Rolex marked ones that were made but none of the rep dealers have them done up the right way. Some have them in the right case but not the dial I wanted or with the wrong hands that I wanted. While others had the right dial and hands but not the right case. So I found the case on ebay and it came with a sandwich dial. The movement crapped out after 2 days but hey, I only needed the case. :) It was areally poorly made 6497. The dial and hands came from Trusty hommage. Problem was that the Trusty dial isn't thick enough for the sandwhich dial case so I had to strip off the outer layer of the sandwhich dial and use it as a spacer between the rolex dial and the movement. Put it together and you have this beauty. :) The lume is abyssmal and I'll relume this one myself.

6154-01.jpg

My final one is a Mini-Fiddy. I first thought about getting this watch when I saw SSSurfer's post on his mini mod with a 104. I had been thinking about modding the 104 above but didn't know what to do. I then was off to China for a few weeks on business and forgot about it till I saw a post on a review about Sead's mini. That convinced me to order one from him and he was awesome to deal with. The watch arrived yesterday and immediately I thought, "Oh this sucker needs a bracelet!" Spent 3 hours last night modding the end links to fit the fiddy profile (not an easy task) and you have the below results. I'm going to put a higher cannon pin in it and eventually relume the dial and hands. The lume is pretty decent. Doesn't glow like a torch all night but when I woke up this morning at 5 it was still glowing along and I was able to read the time with no issues.

The only other mod I'm going to do is possibly polish the crown guard to finish the two tone polished/brushed look this watch has.

Mini-Fiddy

mini-01.jpg

mini-02.jpg

I'm thinking my final rep will be a hybrid 240/Tantalium model from Davidsen. I've got a great titanium bracelet that I need a watch for and I've talked to Davidsen about a 240 that has a polished SS crownguard and beze, blue hands, and no cyclops. I'll then install my real pam crown in that.

Thanks for taking the time to read this folks.

Wow, congrats!

I think I just found a fellow modder who likes customizing his PAMs in accordance with his tastes, with little or no regard to accuracy.

Exactly like me. :D:thumbsupsmileyanim:

You must also be better than me on reluming. ;)

Thanks for the comments folks! The Cali is one of my favorites.

Thanks SS.

I'd rather picky about what I want (I'm a designer by profession) and modding a rep is definately the way to go for me. :)

Luming? Nope. Not the best at it but you gotta start somewhere you know?

Awesome collection there :) Likewise, I'd be interested to know how you removed the lettering from the California. I've removed lettering from the dial of an Omega Aqua Terra before, using electrician's tape, and that lifted the printing clean off. I only wonder, as I'm thinking about sterilizing the dial of my 127.

Awesome collection there :) Likewise, I'd be interested to know how you removed the lettering from the California. I've removed lettering from the dial of an Omega Aqua Terra before, using electrician's tape, and that lifted the printing clean off. I only wonder, as I'm thinking about sterilizing the dial of my 127.

Regarding the California and the L's, I didn't "remove" them paint wise from the dial. What I did though was mask off the areas and used some flat black paint that I have (it matches the dial perfectly) and painted over them. With the crystal it is hard to see unless you happen to be right on top of it.

Since this is a 47mm I wanted it to look more like the original which only had the Swiss Made.