When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Donor Valjoux 72 Watches

I've been browsing for a donor Valjoux 72 watch for my 6263 kit. But, I'm finding that some of these watches are so darn nice on their own, that I almost feel bad for wanting to buy it to take it apart for the movement. Like this Longines below - gorgeous! Anyone else feel the same?

74995-31727.jpg

Or, this Wakmann:

74995-31728.jpg

Ahhh...FAVRE LEUBA.....my first 'quality' watch....I was 17 and I loved it.....it replaced the Buler I bought when I first went to secondary school.....I'd have a hard time stripping any of those for a 'frankenwatch'.....especially a 6263.....which it's never gonna be....!

val 72 series with gmt is valjoux 729 ... wittnauer has done a lot of these...

to do my 6263 clone i have used a simply valjoux 726 taken from a roamer stingray .... not a so beatifull watch

i like very much '70 watch and i know them quite well ... mechanical , led , tuning fork , quartz ...

val 72 as many other important caliber comes from '70

the photo of my avatar is my movado datron ... same calibre of el primero ....chrono auto with 36000 beat

i have many omega (one of my preferred is a 1976 chrono seamaster with a 1040 cal.) ...many zenith... and others...

but a genuine 6263 cost too many for me...so roamer was killed...

Edited by klingsor

Apparently, you're not the only one. I've been looking for a Datron to complete my a TT daytona for my pop and have been entertaining myself following this watch--now on its third auction--from $987 to $1244 and now $1781. I shouldn't have maxed my bid at $881 back in April...

i have bought datron only cause i like it as is .... i didn't mind to to do a "modern" daytona auto with zenit/movado mov.

6263 is another thing it's not so "cheap".... ahahahahah

i like more the datron i have than a daytona auto

M

Edited by klingsor

an ebel refinished mov. for less than $900... you are a luky boy....

to find a movado or an early zenith you need about 1000 but an ebel....

you are exaggerated.... it's a very beatifull movement....

next my project could be this... or a milgauss... i'm looking for a good start to do a milgauss any one can give me a suggest?

Edited by klingsor

an ebel refinished mov. for less than $900... you are a luky boy....

next my project could be this... or a milgauss... i'm looking for a good start to do a milgauss any one can give me a suggest?

^_^ The movement was not refinished, but actually brand new... ^_^

Very lucky indeed!

As for the milgauss... Are you wanting to do a 6541, or 1019?

Ahhh...FAVRE LEUBA.....my first 'quality' watch....I was 17 and I loved it.....it replaced the Buler I bought when I first went to secondary school.....

do you mean one like this 270003877083 ?

it's very beatiful

but the winner is 300003887608 ... the last i have seen on ebay went to about 5000 $

gubelin ...a legend....

80387-30471.jpg

80387-30472.jpg

80387-30473.jpg

Edited by klingsor

Ohhhh it ain't easy scavenging movements from such lovely watches. I've done a few and my heart sunk each time I ripped out the movements. ***Gasp***

Anyhow, I'm done with doin' it though. I've got my V72 6263 keeper. The other ones I have made are up for grabs (hint hint hint).

Cheers