When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Donor Valjoux 72 Watches

some other

85680-29494.jpg

85680-29495.jpg

and some not so beatifull .......

:o:o Please gentlemen, DON'T SCAVENGE THAT JLC CHRONO or rare beautiful watches like that just for a rep!!! :o:o People have been shot for less than that in the Wild West! No seriously, that is just plain heresy (in the case of that JLC) to remove a movement from such a glorious & historically significant watch. ;) Find a suitable no-name watch for the dirty deed :crazy:

I will wax a little further on this topic:

You cannot use V72 movements with the GMT function or the day/date. They are thicker than the standard V72 movements!

:o:o Please gentlemen, DON'T SCAVENGE THAT JLC CHRONO or rare beautiful watches like that just for a rep!!! :o:o People have been shot for less than that in the Wild West! No seriously, that is just plain heresy (in the case of that JLC) to remove a movement from such a glorious & historically significant watch. ;) Find a suitable no-name watch for the dirty deed :crazy:

You cannot use V72 movements with the GMT function or the day/date. They are thicker than the standard V72 movements!

if you search you can find only the movement of JLC v 72 ........ see this ebay item 170007578498

I`m so with eunomians on this one. How can you ripp out the movement on these beautiful gens for a rep. Remember a rep is a rep. I think we all should realise that no matter what you do with your rep it will never be an original, never.

i have some valjoux 72...

no one of the best of these will be used to do a 6263 replica...

but if i find a stand alone val.72 JLC movement .... why not ?

more....

remember that valjoux 72 was not used only from the most important whatchmakers.....

you can find also some ugly case with a val 72 into..... like these 170007574630

or

i like very much vintage watches......

but i think that some of these can be used to do replicas...

donor watches are not all the val 72 watches...

• 3 months later...
val 72 series with gmt is valjoux 729 ... wittnauer has done a lot of these...

to do my 6263 clone i have used a simply valjoux 726 taken from a roamer stingray .... not a so beatifull watch

i like very much '70 watch and i know them quite well ... mechanical , led , tuning fork , quartz ...

val 72 as many other important caliber comes from '70

the photo of my avatar is my movado datron ... same calibre of el primero ....chrono auto with 36000 beat

i have many omega (one of my preferred is a 1976 chrono seamaster with a 1040 cal.) ...many zenith... and others...

but a genuine 6263 cost too many for me...so roamer was killed...

I have a question for you about the Valjoux 726 from the Roamer watch, is the colour of the movement stainless steel or is it one of those pink ones? Could you add a pic of the movement pls?

Thanks